cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't swap SIM card

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

I am swapping out a SIM card for a referral and every time I put in the SIM card number it disappears once I try to save the changes. I've tried this with 2FA enabled and with it disabled. I've cleared my browser I've tried to do it in secret/incognito mode what am I missing here?

8 REPLIES 8

Patchio
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious 

I'm glad the CSA's were finally able to swap the SIM card for you, but like you said, it shouldn't have taken so much time and effort on your part. If the Self-Serve "My Account" website wasn't so buggy and problematic, swapping a SIM card should only take a few minutes of your time, at most. 

Wetcoaster recently noted how some of the recent changes at PM have been sobering. Based on some of the issues that have been repeatedly cropping up on the Community forum recently, I'd strongly agree with that sentiment.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Update:

I logged in today to receive a message from customer support that the SIM card had been swapped. Still this took far longer than it ever should have taken in the first place.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Patchio 

I'm not very thankful for the CSA's right now. It took 90 minutes to get a response from customer support. I replied answering the extra verification questions. Three more hours to get a new CSA who asked me more verification questions including asking me what the last text or phone call on the phone was? On the phone that's been suspended for nearly 90 days? And has not been used since it was reactivated because the SIM card was lost. But there was one text from me to it telling them that I had reactivated their phone.

Another two hours goes by until they closed for the day? 6 hours and I have not gotten the SIM card swapped yet ridiculous! All because their stupid, glitchy self-serve accounts won't allow me to change the SIM card myself. If I get one more email from them telling me how they put more control in my hands with my new self-serve account......? All I can say is I'm extremely unhappy with customer support today.

Patchio
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious 

Maybe this is PM's way of making us thankful for having access to CSA's, before they eventually fix the self-serve 'My Account' website ... in 2052.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Dunkman 

Thanks but nothing seems to be working so I guess I have to contact customer support. The new self-serve accounts suck lemons! 🍋🍋🍋

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Outdoorsman 

Not in lost/stolen mode. I've swapped SIM cards probably 20 times in the old accounts. First time in the new accounts.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@darlicious 

You would know all the tricks, etc.  😀

Another glitch in the system?

Maybe try a different device/computer?

Make sure the new SIM card was never used before

For SIM swap, need  2FA to login to the self service account. If customers have 2FA login to self service account disabled, then need to 2FA when the SIM swap is processed.  

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious hi not sure I understand,you are swapping a sim for someone else on thier account? regardless of that was /is that account in lost stolen mode that may be the cause

Need Help? Let's chat.