cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t submit ticket

Louisthemoose
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I get support I tried to submit a ticket but was not able too,  my iPhone seems to work , but not data I can’t access the internet , I have airplane mode off so that’s not the problem 

18 REPLIES 18

@Louisthemoose wrote:

Thank you everyone for your help , the problem seems to be the beta ios , again thank you !

For future reference, please assign solutions to a member who has helped answer your question (rather than a self solution).  I have made the change for you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for stopping by @CalgaryBen : Is it the unlockit.co.nz that would let one into the APN settings? We're trying to identify if IPv6 is the problem. NVM.

@CalgaryBen   and I am surprise so many non-techy people are using Beta (some don't know why they are using it, some didn't know how to take it off) . LoL

credit goes to @Anonymous as well, z10 has been on this Apple QA  journey together.  Ironically , we are both Orange users (Android)  🙂

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous wrote:

Or even is @CalgaryBen still around?

I'll make an appearance if I'm summoned, unless everything is under control!  Which it often is!  It's been so long since I've logged in that I almost forgot my password...

@softech wrote:

you can view your APN settings in one of the following locations:

• Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Cellular Network
  • Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network

First path doesn't lead to any APN settings.  It only provides Romaing, LTE/3G selection, Low Data Mode, and IP address tracking.

Second path doesn't exist (could be regional/carrier-specific).

To view APN settings and IP address provided by the network, I'd refer to this old post, which is still apropos.

Nice job on narrowing down the iOS beta issue @softech!  Apple (and other companies) don't pay me to do QA on their software, so I would never volunteer to run/test their betas!  This would be a good example of why waiting for production releases are a good idea!

Cheers!

@softech wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk   you want to test out iOS15.4 Beta for the Community?

Lol...😏.  Nah.....still working on the beta version of the Community and  My Rewards 

@Anonymous wrote:

@softech : Please provide the tap keystrokes to get to that setting.

Again, I am no iOS expert.. but here are the 2 places.. (iOS experts, correct me if it is wrong)

you can view your APN settings in one of the following locations:

• Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Cellular Network
  • Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network

@CountyDownIeUk   you want to test out iOS15.4 Beta for the Community?

@softech wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Edit: @CountyDownIeUk : Do you know if there's a setting somewhere deep in an iphone to use ipv4 rather than ipv6? Or would the old unlockit.co.nz thing allow that?

Not sure. I am on latest  iOS with no issues. If unlockit.co.nz is the site that gives APN settings. Try it out. But on an iPhone you download it, find it and install it same as a downloaded only version of iOS. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : Please provide the tap keystrokes to get to that setting.

@Louisthemoose wrote:

Thank you everyone for your help , the problem seems to be the beta ios , again thank you !

Before you downgrade..

can you first try:

1. do a network reset and see if it work

2. if fails, check your APN setting, with the entry APN protocol ,  let us know what is it at the moment

Louisthemoose
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Anonymous wrote:

@softech : On an Android yes. Mine is set to IPv4. Data works. I try IPv6 and it doesn't work. I go back to IPv4 and it works.

@Anonymous   thanks for testing on the Android!!! 

I wonder we can have some iPhone users to try the settings even on other iOS version

@Louisthemoose  What is it showing on your APN settings, specifically the entry APN protocol?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : On an Android yes. Mine is set to IPv4. Data works. I try IPv6 and it doesn't work. I go back to IPv4 and it works.

@Anonymous wrote:

Edit: @CountyDownIeUk : Do you know if there's a setting somewhere deep in an iphone to use ipv4 rather than ipv6? Or would the old unlockit.co.nz thing allow that?

@Anonymous   Some Rogers people had same issue with 15.3 beta and a network refresh could fix it.  I wonder

for ipv4/v6, I think the IP we are getting from carrier has to be IPv6.  Not sure if IPv4 would work.  But I think this APN  setting is the one?

APN protocol:  IPv4/IPv6

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Louisthemoose 

maybe you use all data then is will be stop until next renewal cycle, or purchase Add-ons.

1. try to do reset your network settings,

2. try downgrade iOS some report has a issue with data.. How to uninstall iOS or iPadOS beta software - Apple Support

if needed get in touch with  Customer Support Agent (publicmobile.ca)

if SIMon, can't submit a ticket send Private Messages to Customer Support Agent

and you Check your Community private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

CSA Hours Of Operation (publicmobile.ca)

Verify your identity (publicmobile.ca)

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

when did it stopped working?

A network reset might fix it. Or post screenshot of your network settings here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Louisthemoose : If you have updated to the beta 15.4 version then you will need to undo it and go back to 15.3. It's a known problem.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Louisthemoose   are you on iOS15.4 beta?  Please check your version

If it is 15.4 Beta, it is known that it does not work on PM.   You will likely need to downgrade it back to 15.3 or 15.2.1

But before doing so, try one more thing, do a Network Refresh.  If it still work, downgrade is the way to go

Need Help? Let's chat.