cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send or receive SMS after transferring number to Public Mobile

charlottecrouch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! I'm a brand new customer and I just transferred my number from PCMobile to Public Mobile. The number transfer seemed successful as I could make calls, but texts I send aren't delivering and I can't receive any. It has been one week since I transferred my number, so the two-hour period of spotty service that I was warned about should have already ended. 

I called PCMobile and found out that my account with them is still active - meaning that even though my number transfer began, it never finished, so my service is being split between two providers somehow. I've already activated my Public Mobile SIM, so I can't start the activation process over again. 

How can I fix this? My job requires functioning service, so I need this solved asap. Thanks!!

6 REPLIES 6

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most of PC Mobile's prepaid customers are actually on the Bell network now. PC Mobile stopped offering postpaid service (which was previously offered on the Telus network) around 2018, and those clients were migrated to Koodo instead.

@charlottecrouch  I would encourage you to send a private message to @CS_Agent with your account details. They will investigate and resolve it for you. You should not have to get in touch with PC Mobile to get everything up and running on Public Mobile.

In the past wasn’t technical assistance required to walk through changes to/from PC Mobile? This was because some of the PC Mobile services (prepaid maybe?) was hosted on the Public Mobile platform so a change between these two services is only a technical change (records and books etc), the service isn’t really leaving the server.

AE_Collector

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@charlottecrouch   Can you receive phone calls on your PM SIM?

if your PCMobile account is still active, it is possible that your porting wasn't done.  

Please do this, put the PCMobile SIM into a phone and see if it can make calls and receive phone call

I will private message you a number to call, you can talk to the PM (Telus) support and they will advise if the porting status.  Please check your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right )

(oops, I think you got the phone number already.  But that department opened at 9AM or 10AM EST , please try calling around )

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@charlottecrouch 

This sounds odd.   So you have full calling functionality through Public Mobile with the Public Mobile SIM card but no texting.

When you place your PC Mobile SIM card (if you still have it) back into your device, do you have full calling functionality? (calling AND texting)

Try your Public Mobile SIM card in ANOTHER device to see if you have full calling & texting features.

Another thing you may wish to check is your device's chat (Android) or iMessage (iPhone) settings.   If these happen to be enabled, try turning them off to see if SMS (texting) resumes normally.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@charlottecrouch wrote:

Hi! I'm a brand new customer and I just transferred my number from PCMobile to Public Mobile. The number transfer seemed successful as I could make calls, but texts I send aren't delivering and I can't receive any. It has been one week since I transferred my number, so the two-hour period of spotty service that I was warned about should have already ended. 

I called PCMobile and found out that my account with them is still active - meaning that even though my number transfer began, it never finished, so my service is being split between two providers somehow. I've already activated my Public Mobile SIM, so I can't start the activation process over again. 

How can I fix this? My job requires functioning service, so I need this solved asap. Thanks!!

@charlottecrouch 

Contact CS for help:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml7MK2dvkmM37lFcEM...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@charlottecrouch wrote:

@charlottecrouch 

Have you tried any of this troubleshooting:

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings on your device

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

EDIT-striked out, not applicable.

DID you Leave the OLD provider SIM card in your phone to accept the PORT via SMS/text.

If you missed this 90 minute window, submit a ticket via this link to re-initiate the port:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml7MK2dvkmM37lFcEM...

I will also private message you the Telus Porting Phone number, if they are open today, check your INBOX.

Need Help? Let's chat.