cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive texts or phone calls

Cottagegirl68
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am not able to receive texts or phone calls. I can make calls and able to send texts. Phone calls goes straight to voicemail 

7 REPLIES 7

Kstar1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You will have to wait until porting is complete. You will get a message when that's done

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Cottagegirl68 

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*perform a reset network settings on your device

*try your SIM card into another compatible phone...this could rule out a device issue/setting.

*manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily)

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Cottagegirl68   did you just port your number in to PM?

can you receive incoming text?  ask your friend to text you and confirm

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Cottagegirl68 You may want to check your account to double check the phone number for your account.  Did you port over from another carrier or did you get a new number with PM?  If you attempted a port, maybe it didn't work and you're working off a new number on your PM SIM?  Is the call to your phone that goes to VM a PM greeting or your old greeting?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If you ported your number, while process is in progress you have assigned temporary number so you CAN call out.

But all calls to 'your' number are in limbo until porting is completed.

Check your account to see which number your account has.

And did you follow all porting steps to the letter???

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Cottagegirl68   look like you have been on the Community for some years, I guess you are not new activation with porting?

if you are existing customer for some time, try to reboot your phone first.  

still fails, next to try is to reseat the sim card.  Power off the phone, take sim card out for a minute, then put it back and power up

If still fails, try to change the Preferred network type to 3G ONLY and see if the phone connects at all and if the phone can then receive incoming calls.  If it works, you might need to keep this settings for a week or two before changing the Preferred network back to Automatic or 4G or LTE

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Cottagegirl68  Did you just port over to public and miss the confirmation text ? And do you still have the old carriers SIM card I’ll send you port team number if yes private message 

Need Help? Let's chat.