cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive texts from Public mobile to set up account

kevinandj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone has ideas around why I am not receiving a text, from my new PM number, in order to set up an account.  Receiving texts np from many other sources.  Tried asking a mod on here but after several emails back and forth simply verifying my account they were unable to help, and very unhelpful generally I might add.  In fact, the mod asked me to verify my account with a link that did send a text that worked.  I did have a PM account but PM will not let me access the account saying it's inactive if I try and login or saying it's disabled if I try forgot password.  Can't get to the screen to enter a (new ) email until I verify the number with a text.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

7 REPLIES 7

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@kevinandj wrote:

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone has ideas around why I am not receiving a text, from my new PM number, in order to set up an account.  Receiving texts np from many other sources.  Tried asking a mod on here but after several emails back and forth simply verifying my account they were unable to help, and very unhelpful generally I might add.  In fact, the mod asked me to verify my account with a link that did send a text that worked.  I did have a PM account but PM will not let me access the account saying it's inactive if I try and login or saying it's disabled if I try forgot password.  Can't get to the screen to enter a (new ) email until I verify the number with a text.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

@kevinandj 

I see your Community Account was created a while ago, maybe the phone you are using is on a phone that has Blocked Public Mobile communications.

You could also try the SIM in another phone to receive the text.

@kevinandj 

As per @Anonymous inquiry....did you just order a sim card online or have you activated the sim card online after recieving it?

@kevinandj 

You must have a new moderator. Give them the following info:

1. Full name, province and postal code on your account.
  2. Phone #, email and pin#.

Sounds like your account didn't set up correctly they will have to do that for you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kevinandj : The "account" you made for ordering the SIM has no relation to any other account here. Go figure. Is that what you're wondering?

kevinandj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Thanks for getting back.  I did activate it online and that is true that i did use my email adress to simply order it online so an account should already exist.  When I try to log in though it does say the account is disabled so it does seem like a moderator needs to unlock it.  Trouble is after a few emails back and forth with a moderator they are still saying I need to start over with account creation.  

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kevinandj wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

You can provide your PIN number to verify your identify.

PM will send you a welcome email and text message about your PIN# after activation.

If you have not receive any message, your SIM card may not be activated yet.

If you activate online, your self-serve account already created.

If you activate in store, your need to create your self-serve account.

- There may a typo with your email address during activation.

- Call your new PM number from another phone.  If you phone rings, your SIM card is activated.  If you get a "number not assigned" message or someone else answer your call, your SIM card was not activated.

@kevinandj wrote:

Hi there,

Did you activate your account at the store?  If not, your self serve accoint would have been created.  Otherwise, you'll need to have the moderator help you.

Need Help? Let's chat.