cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive texts anymore

mprager
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been with PM for 1.5years. I have not made any changes to my account or my phone but since yesterday afternoon I'm not receiving any text messages anymore. I can send them (and they get delivered) but not recieve any messages.

Help please!!!!

16 REPLIES 16

@hTideGnow wrote:

@LitlLdy   you are a Pro in troubleshooting!!

sorry to hear what you have gone thought.  Yes, in many occasions I saw that PM needs to get involved to work on the back end to resolve this issue.

let us know how it turns out and hope this is the next time you have to go through the trouble.

It seems to have fixed itself! 🤔 . It’s working fine today!

@LitlLdy   you are a Pro in troubleshooting!!

sorry to hear what you have gone thought.  Yes, in many occasions I saw that PM needs to get involved to work on the back end to resolve this issue.

let us know how it turns out and hope this is the next time you have to go through the trouble.

@hTideGnow wrote:

@LitlLdy   I guess you already tried rebooted the phone.  But curious, you asked different friends to text you from different phone numbers? 

If you have done some troubleshooting on your side, I guess it is time to get PM involved.

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot, then type "Submit a ticket", select Account-specific issue, then select I need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Yes, rebooting my phone daily is my normal 😆 as well as resetting network settings.

I disabled messaging, reenabled and so on. Even wiped my phone and set it up as new. I did a lot of troubleshooting.

Yes, it was different friends/family sending text messages from different devices and different phone numbers. It’s happened before with issues where they had to provision my account where all or some would stop working! Often after new 30 day on time payment!

I was curious if others have these issues and at this moment. 

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it. 😀 

@Yummy   With S7, Samsung default messager does not support RCS

@esjliv wrote:

If Android, check that your Chat Features are turned OFF:

I do have Android (Samsung S7) but I cannot find this 'chat' feature. Is that feature of particular brand or latest OS?

Jeff_VE6DV

For those having problems with the default messaging app on an Android phone, try installing Google Messages. If you are having problems with the cellular network (SMS, MMS, RCS) it will allow you to also use WiFi for RCS messaging. If the person you are trying to text also has RCS messaging and you have WiFi available, the message will still go through. 

@LitlLdy   I guess you already tried rebooted the phone.  But curious, you asked different friends to text you from different phone numbers? 

If you have done some troubleshooting on your side, I guess it is time to get PM involved.

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot, then type "Submit a ticket", select Account-specific issue, then select I need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mprager 

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

How to reset network settings on an IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  HERE 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click HERE 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  HERE 

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click HERE

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visiting HERE.

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

for iphone  go to Settings > Messages > To turn iMessage on or off, 

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet wifi is on is not going through the Picture or a video Messaging, 

you have to do this to is go through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video Messaging in world-wide,

make sure your DATA is on.

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Good Luck

@mprager wrote:

Yes I can receive phone calls and also make calls. Different people have tried to contact me via text message but I never received them. And it's only since yesterday afternoon. 

The same thing has been happening to me since Tuesday! I did all the troubleshooting I could do on my end so I will need to submit a ticket! Let us know if and how it gets fixed on yours please.

@mprager wrote:

Yes I can receive phone calls and also make calls. Different people have tried to contact me via text message but I never received them. And it's only since yesterday afternoon. 

@mprager 

Sometimes uninstalling your messages app, then reinstalling it will set things right.

If Android, check that your Chat Features are turned OFF:

• Open Messages.
  • Tap More options > Settings > Chat features.
  • Turn Enable chat features off.

If the person(s) sending you these texts have their Chat Features ON, this could also be the cause of you not receiving their messages.

Can you ask them to check their settings?

@mprager 

Try the above troubleshooting advice.  Do you have android or iPhone?  Sometimes it may be an issue with android rcs messaging or iMessage, which requires active data or Wifi connection.  Is your data turned on and working properly?

You could also try the PM SIM card in another working phone.  That helps determine whether hardware setup issue versus PM service problem.  

mprager

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Likely a stale network connection. When you rule out the other items in previous posts, try a network settings reset (this varies from device to device). Also, check your Self Serve account just to rule out anything obvious and make sure your plan etc are in good standing and what you were expecting to see.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@mprager 

Does talk and data work?  

Maybe try the following basic troubleshooting advice:

Reboot phone

Network reset of phone

Toggle airplane mode on, then off

Remove SIM card, reseat the SIM card, reboot phone.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@mprager   are you able to get incoming calls?

What kind of message you cannot receive?  any message from friends?  you asked multiple friends to try sending you?

or you can't get short code message?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting your phone.  Also try putting it in airplane mode then removing it.

Need Help? Let's chat.