cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive phone calls or texts since yesterday around 2pm

Samg9638
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I haven't been able to receive texts or phone calls since yesterday, it just goes straight to voicemail.

13 REPLIES 13

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Samg9638 

I'm in Vancouver and have no issues. If you can try putting your Sim card in another phone or Sim slot as suggested by @hairbag1 . When was your last renewal? It sounds like a provisioning issue.....you can try making a manual payment on your account as that may provision your account too.....otherwise it's off to customer support for you! 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Samg9638   are you in Alberta or Sask?

Reboot your phone.  

You have another phone to test ?

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@Samg9638 

If it's not related to the outage yesterday, can you confirm if you are able to place outgoing calls?

Otherwise, one common troubleshooting method for this type of issue is to try disabling LTE and forcing your phone to 3G mode (AKA WCDMA or HSPA) and see if incoming calls work after that. If so, leave it like that for a while and occasionally try enabling LTE again to see if it's a network issue in your area that has been resolved yet or not.

Samg9638

I will try

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Samg9638 but you were able to receive calls no problem before 2pm yesterday, right?

The issue was quickly resolved yesterday (within 3 hours) and you should be all good now.  If not, try to reboot your phone once

Still fails, try to reseat your sim card (power down the phone, take sim card out for a minute, then put it back and power up)

You can also change the Preferred network type to 3G Only and see if it helps

@Samg9638 

try your sim in a different phone.

Remove sim...reinstall sim and try again.

Try sim in 2nd slot if you have dual slots.

Try moving around different area.

Check if there isn't a local network upset.

@Samg9638  There was a big one yesterday affecting Alberta to B.C. for some could possible still be some problem areas 

Samg9638

I do appear to be right in the middle of the outages.

@Samg9638  Can you try the SIM card in another phone and see if services work as they should also check 

Outage   map in your area:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/

Samg9638

No it's been this number for a long time 

Samg9638

Vancouver 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Samg9638  Did you just port your number over to public mobile and miss the confirmation Text to reply YES on the 90 min window 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Samg9638 

reports yesterday of system outage in western Canada...but mostly cleared up now.

What general area are you located ?

Need Help? Let's chat.