cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls

Alibie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just changed my number over to Public Mobile. I can call out but can't receive calls. I can get text messages though

11 REPLIES 11

Alibie

All fixed! Thank you everyone for your help!

Alibie

Any idea how to reinitiate the porting text?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Definitely an incomplete port

old sim has to be in

have to reply yes to text within 90 mins - then the port should be done pretty quick.

Just reinitiate that porting text.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Alibie 

If the old SIM still works then the porting was not completed.

You definitely need to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process by private messaging with the envelope icon above.

@Alibie 

Re-initiating the port from the other provider takes longer than that.

I will private message you the number to help with porting.

To check your private messages, look at the envelope icon between your avatar and the bell icon on the upper right.

EDIT:  like @esjliv wrote earlier...😜

Alibie

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried all the solutions in your list - still not working. When a friend tries to call, a voice says "the customer you are calling is unavailable at the moment..."
Interestingly, incoming calls still works with my old sim card. I'm guessing the transfer just didn't go through properly.

@Alibie  - so this was porting from a previous mobile provider?

You can submit a ticket via the links already provider or Check your Private INBOX messages, I have sent you the TELUS Porting phone number.

@Alibie 

To re-initiate the port, click here: https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

You'll also need to put your old provider SIM card back in your device to await the port authorization request which is sent via SMS messaging.

Alibie

I never got a message from them

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Alibie 

You may just need to be reconnected to the Public Mobile network.

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*perform a reset network settings on your device

If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

So, use the previous provider's SIM card to receive calls from. When the incoming calls stop that is a good indication the port is complete.

Cell ports can take 2-3 hours.

Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days.

If still issues, submit a ticket for help; click this link: to request the transfer of your number over to Public Mobile.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Alibie 

Did you respond "YES" to the port authorization request from your other provider?

Need Help? Let's chat.