cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls

kumurd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have switched my phone number to Public Mobile 2 weeks ago. I was previously using VoIP and I am aware that it takes up to 2 business days for landline/Voip to port the number. But it hasn't happened yet, I can make calls but can't receive them. I tried contacting Voip and they said that there is nothing they can do about this issue. I deleted my number from VoIP system but the issue is still persisting. I also filled a ticket last week with Public Mobile but I haven't heard anything yet can someone help me please?

8 REPLIES 8

kumurd

My previous carrier brought back my number and provided updated information for me to be able to re-submit a ticket 👍

kumurd

@gblackma I emailed them thank you for the help

@kumurd you can contact your voip provider and ask them to see if you can get it back and then port it over again to PM. 

kumurd

@gblackma is there no other way to recover my old number? Choosing a new number would definitely fix my problem but there are a lot of services connected to this number and I'm reluctant to let it go...

Thanks and have a great day!

kumurd

@Triguy  Thank you for the tip, sadly it didn't work

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@kumurd check your inbox for unread messages. you may have already received a response from moderators. just create another ticket and they will get back to you soon. just keep an eye on your inbox for a response.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@kumurd FYI it usually takes upt to 7 days to transfer a voip number and can take up to 2 weeks. However since you deleted your voip number, you probably lost it. You should log into your self service account, use use the change number option and choose a new number. Stay safe.

20200723_093448.jpg

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting your phone.  Also try marking your phone lost the wait 5 minutes then mark it found.

Need Help? Let's chat.