cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls or call out

asherba
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I have been trouble shooting this for over 2 weeks.  If anyone calls me it goes straight to voicemail. I cannot call out, it just says call failed.  Once in 15 times it works.  I went back to the dealer that set me all up.  They could call my phone fine!  We reset the network, I have also tried the airplane on/off mode, turned iphone off and then back on.

I cannot get this to work. I am about to switch back to my old provider this week.  I have an iphone 6 plus. It was suggested to  me, I need a new phone, but I am not buying a new phone just to see if public mobile will work for m.

Any other suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6

@asherba  "did try switching from LTE to 3G and then it says I have no service. I tried a couple times."

Where do you live? If 3G provided no service in your area then calling will never work as all PM calls use only the 3G network.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@asherba - having an issue for 2 weeks! Is that when you activated the SIM card?

Did you activate with a new number or did you port one over from another provider?

If this was a new number you activated, was there a number already registered on the iphone?

If so, deregister the number on the iphone: https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

Set up your phone number On your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

If issues persist and other suggestions have not helped, submit a ticket to CSA for assistance.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

@asherba   Did you also try putting your SIM in another unlocked phone and reboot and then back to your main phone and reboot?  

asherba
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

HI, I did try switching from LTE to 3G and then it says I have no service. I tried a couple times.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Does real SMS texting work (not imessage instant messaging and no wifi or cellular data)? Cellular data (not wifi)?

Can you try your sim in another phone? Or another sim in this phone?

Have you turned on wifi and gone to settings, general, about and seen if any updates happen?

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@asherba hi go into setting and manually change to 3g turn off phone and reboot 

Need Help? Let's chat.