cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't port out to freedom

Jasolus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I moved my service to freedom today. They said they sent a few request to my phone sms but none has come through and therefore I could not say "yes" to the transfer request/ have my number ported to freedom. Please help! This is very frustrating.

9 REPLIES 9

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Usually you need to leave your old SIM in to port, not your new SIM. Are you sure it isn't going to your old SIM?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jasolus 

if you still have trouble with porting out your number, please open ticket with PM support using this direct link

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

If you have made a request to port your number to another carrier and have not received an SMS from Public Mobile to confirm your request, please open our chatbot via this link (https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8) . This will put you in touch with our Customer Support Agents who will be able to assist you.

(Ref: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Jasolus 

Did you leave the PM SIM in your phone for the SMS text to confirm you are porting to Freedom?

You need to do this first to complete the porting over to Freedom. You have 90 minutes to confirm or porting will be canceled.

You need to contact Freedom to restart the porting process.

Patchio
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jasolus 

Several users who recently ported from PM to Freedom Mobile experienced a similar issue. 

The problem seemed to occur because there were multiple port requests on their account, and the only way to resolve this issue is to cancel the previous port request(s) OR let them expire before submitting a new number porting request with Freedom.  

When you do submit a new port request, list Telus as the originating carrier instead of PM, and give them your PM account number WITHOUT the dashes (eg. XXXYYYZZZZ, not XXX-YYY-ZZZZ). That seems to make a difference for whatever reason.

Provided that your PM account is still active AND the information that you submitted to Freedom is correct, you should hopefully receive the port request authorization SMS from PM soon afterwards. 

@Jasolus 

Ok then, use the Chatbot Simon to get a service ticket started so you can reach out to a Customer Support Agent.

Or send a private message to CS_Agent 

And ask them what the hold up is with your port request.

Jasolus

My public mobile number is in good standing. Plan valid till Jan 13th , 2023

Jasolus

I've called them since 2pm this afternoon. They said they've resent several requests to my public mobile number but none has come through. I was on the phone with freedom with 3 different agents. They said they sent a ticket to public mobile as they've looked into everything and there's nothing wrong on their side

@Jasolus wrote:

I moved my service to freedom today. They said they sent a few request to my phone sms but none has come through and therefore I could not say "yes" to the transfer request/ have my number ported wto freedom. Please help! This is very frustrating.

Is your Pubilc Mobile service still active/working? If it's in suspension, you'll need to pay for at least a 30 day service plan before the number can be ported out to Freedom.

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@Jasolus 

You should be asking Freedom for help with that, since your porting out to them.

Have Freedom send the port request again.  You have to make sure that your PM account is still active and you keep your sim card in your phone until you get the PAT text and reply.

Need Help? Let's chat.