cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pay for plan renewal - won't accept CC ?

j0hn_r1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been trying to pay the balance needed to reactivate my plan ( $165 / 3 mos / unlmtd talk&text / 9GB data)... I have a $21 balance.

My wife's Visa/Debit was registered (I only have Mastercard), and when I try to MAKE A PAYMENT it comes back with...

"Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged."

Then I tried using my mother's Visa. First time it told me it was declined - then when I tried a 2nd time it came back with the "unable to verify" message... Both cards have the available funds.

I went back and deleted my mothers card info, now it won't even accept my wife's CC info that was previously registered and used to pay my bill ! 

* I've cleared cookies & cache, used an Incognito window, tried both Chrome & MS Edge...

😕

6 REPLIES 6

Hey @j0hn_r1 

Vouchers work, for sure.  But to be sure to get the $2.00 per 30-day cycle auto-pay discount, try to be sure to at least have a payment card registered to the account so you get that.

I know I'm coming into this late in the game, but you could continue to work on it. Make a one time payment of 10 until you get it right. 

From what I know, don't use apt#, verify your address on the credit card statement or with the bank, no space in postal code.

Don't try a number of times in a row. Could flag something from the bank.

If the one time payment works, use that info on your autopay.

Sure you'll be out 10 bucks for 90 days, but it will be used on your next renewal, which is really what your goal is.

You can still contact a mod through simon to get it right, too.

j0hn_r1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I sort of solved the issue by purchasing VOUCHERS at Walmart...

So my plan is renewed, but come April 23 I'll have to figure this CC situation out.

Thanks for the replies !  👍

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@j0hn_r1 

Try again preferably after you have not made any attempts for 24 hours. Accounts get locked after 2 attempts or 2 successful payments and a minimum 1 hour wait to try again (24 hrs is overkill but we're playing it safe here.) Too many attempts will trigger a fraud alert lock if this happens you will have to contact the moderators and have them unlock the alert and then just let them add the credit card for you. If your service is suspended and this method doesnt work then its best to purchase a voucher and add it thru 611 to get your service working and then contact the moderators.Try following this method  if you need to change or add your card and the first section when attempting a payment.....

After choosing "manage my card" choose "replace my card" if possible or from the payments page choose "the manage my card" option under the payment method box. But before you start do this:

1. Clear the browser of your device and close all tabs.
  2. Do device maintenance.
  3. Reboot your device.
  4. Open one tab only using chrome, firefox or safari.
  5. Use secret/private/incognito mode.

Have both your credit cards billing address and your official Canada post address ready....

1. If your statement is in ALL CAPS then use them.
  2. Do not autofill whatsoever.
  3. Do not use the apt/unit box. Leave it blank.
  4. If you have a suite # add it to your street address.
  5. When you fill out the street address default to the canada post address if there is a discrepancy. You can use the billing address on your second attempt if necessary.
  6. Example: (suite#) 101-123 1ST AVE E , MYTOWN , PROV , CANADA , X0X0X0
  7. Do not use a space in the postal code. If there is one on your second attempt leave a space and drop the last digit.
  8. Make sure you use the full name on the card.

If possible attempt this late at night when the site has less traffic. Double check your work. Submit the credt card/address without a payment attached to have it register. If it fails then try again with the above mentioned corrections. Then if accepted attempt your payment by choosing "other amount".

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@j0hn_r1 

Wait 60 minutes, clear cache and cookies, open incognito tab, try to process payment again.

If using an active and valid credit card, this should work.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

If you still need assistance then submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the bubble on the bottom right.

Need Help? Let's chat.