cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make phone calls or access data!

crookedlake
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Second day now and both my husband and I can't make or receive any phone calls or access data on LTE network.  Reset network settings, turned phone off and on, did a rain dance and still nothing.

Very frustrating, please help.

CrookedLake

27 REPLIES 27

LoreckAvery
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Any chance you've been sim hacked? 

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yeah, I get it as it is tempting, but official version should come out soon and that one should be without these issues.. I do have Apple Watch so I have no issues with unlocking phone with facemask.. I used to have beta versions in the past and as I said, getting off it, is quite painful and not worth my time (and I'm fairly good at technology). 

@CarlosFerreira 

Face ID with mask.  No wonder so many people trying this

So, you have any luck downgrading it back?

CarlosFerreira

i never have beta but my friend told me that i would be able to use face id with a mask with this iOS so that’s why i used this beta, thanks for the explanation 

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@CarlosFerreira wrote:

And also, i heard that Apple is soon not going to accept 3G carriers/networks, what will i have to do if i can’t update my phone bc of the carrier. Switch to another carrier that has 4G or 5G or will Public Mobile have a solution?

@CarlosFerreira I wouldn't worry too much about that 'soon', as for sure it will not happen before next version of iPhone comes out, and probably even next year at earliest. And when that happens, there are thousands of users that have iPhone and PM will have to have some kind of solution (unless they want people to leave).. Also, I expect that will impact only new iPhones, so old ones should work. 
As for iOS, I'm a bit surprised that you are asking how to download iOS as in order to be on Beta, I'd expect you know it. I personally would never run beta version on my primary device as it is quite possible to have this kind of issues. Also, getting off beta is a bit painful and not so simple, so unless you have some backup, good luck, you might need to reset it all. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@crookedlake   what version of iOS do you have ? 15.4 beta?  if so, you might want to remove the beta version, it is known to have issue with PM network.  

@CarlosFerreira 

try to remove the beta profile

How to remove iOS 15 Beta by deleting the beta Profile

Previously, if you have used a PC to install iOS 15 beta on your iPhone or iPad devices, then you can easily try to restore your Apple devices to the public version of the iOS operating system and remove the beta version. Follow the steps given below to remove iOS 15 beta version by deleting the beta profile, and then wait for a couple of minutes to get the next software update automatically.

• On your iPhone or iPad, you need to first go to Settings and then go General option.
  • In the General option, search for VPN & Device Management and tap on it.
  • After that, click the iOS Beta Software Profile.
  • Finally, you need to click on Remove Profile and then restart your iPhone or iPad devices.
  • In the next couple of minutes, you will automatically be greeted with the next software update. Just install it and you are done.

CarlosFerreira

And also, i heard that Apple is soon not going to accept 3G carriers/networks, what will i have to do if i can’t update my phone bc of the carrier. Switch to another carrier that has 4G or 5G or will Public Mobile have a solution?

CarlosFerreira

How do i download another iOS?

@CarlosFerreira   iOS 15.4 beta is known to have issue with Data.  There are 3 users in the last 2 days with the issue.

The fix is  to download it back to iOS15.3 or 15.2.1

So, far 3 users reported this and they all download the OS and issue was then resolved

More info. from another user:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Data-not-working-and-calling/td-p/780748

CarlosFerreira

Yes it says iOS 15.4

0EA98D69-B134-4BEA-8801-C991BE9378AE.png

@CarlosFerreira 

Check the version, is this iOS 15.4 beta?

CarlosFerreira

Yes i am is it iOS?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@CarlosFerreira  can you confirm what iOS version do you have?  Chay chance you are using iOS 15.4 beta?

CarlosFerreira

Yes, it worked for a few seconds on my old phone, i could use the data and thought everything was well but then it said the same thing as my new phone. It just doesn’t work. I made a little video to show how it doesn’t work.

https://youtube.com/shorts/LKog_9TymxI?feature=share

@CarlosFerreira wrote:

I tried every possible solution i could think of. I restarted the phone, resetted the network settings, remove and replace sim card, changing from Lte to 3G. Nothing seems to repare the problem. I have been like this since ~7 in the morning

@CarlosFerreira 

There are some issues reported here in your area: https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/6077243-montreal-montreal-quebec-canada

Are you able to try your SIM card into another phone and test that out for a bit?

CarlosFerreira

I tried every possible solution i could think of. I restarted the phone, resetted the network settings, remove and replace sim card, changing from Lte to 3G. Nothing seems to repare the problem. I have been like this since ~7 in the morning

@CarlosFerreira  - have you tried selecting the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily) to see if that improves connectivity.

What other trouble shooting have you tried, because I could list more things to try.

CarlosFerreira

Not really most of my messages i have to send them multiple times for them to work. The calls declined a few rimes when i tried to pick them up.

@CarlosFerreira wrote:

I have the exact same problem. Located in Montreal, Canada and without data the entire day. Public Mobile please fix this soon. 

Are your calling and texting features working @CarlosFerreira ?

CarlosFerreira

I have the exact same problem. Located in Montreal, Canada and without data the entire day. Public Mobile please fix this soon. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@crookedlake wrote:

Hi,

Second day now and both my husband and I can't make or receive any phone calls or access data on LTE network.  Reset network settings, turned phone off and on, did a rain dance and still nothing.

Very frustrating, please help.

CrookedLake

@crookedlake  - sounds network related since you both have the same issues. 

Toggle into airplane mode occasionally, or remove and reinsert your SIM card to see if that triggers the network.

Can you ensure you both have update software on your devices?

If you have other phones to try your SIM into check to see if they work that way.

I would suggest to check to see if the device is blacklisted, just to be sure..but what are the chances both your devices are, not likely...

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If tower signal is not an issue the opting 3G and reboot should work. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @crookedlake   Please try changing your phone network to 3G Only and see if it works

And what kind of phone is that? iPhone/Android?  What is the model?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@crookedlake 

Check the outages in your area:

https://www.telus.com/en/bc/outages 

Also go to your Settings as noted by @Meow .

crookedlake

checked my accounts and say they are active and located in Badger Lake, Newfoundland so not sure if its a Tower issue but haven't heard anyone complain. Never had an issue before so its very odd.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@crookedlake wrote:

did a rain dance and still nothing.

THAT was a big mistake! Now we are going to get piles of snow on Wednesday/Thursday. **bleep**! Again shovelling...

I keep my phone on Auto and it connects with no problems (LTE/WCDMA/GSM).

What your accounts say? Active?

It could be some cell tower issues in your area. Where are you located?

Need Help? Let's chat.