cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make or receive phone calls.

JackHass
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If a call does come through, it gets disconnected. Working in a steel garage where phone is needed consistently to order parts.

It's not the phone as I didn't have this issue once in 3 years with fido and 3G network.

6 REPLIES 6

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@JackHass  Yes, the actual 3G network does still have better signal in some situations than LTE; for example where I live. So, try setting your phone to 3G rather than LTE/auto. 
Unfortunately, for us anyway 😩, the 3G network is being disconnected everywhere over the next couple of years. If VoLTE does not solve your problem, you'll need to check out the other carriers. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you do manage to get volte set up properly on your account, you'll benefit from the better signal and call quality, I noticed a dramatic difference once volte was setup properly, it's night and day.

JackHass

Had to go back in the garage to check signal strength. Only 2 bars so that's the issue I'm thinking.

Disappointed that a 4G network is supposed to be better than 3, yet with the 3G I had full bars. That was through a Rogers affiliate.

On the road I received a call successfully without interruption. 

In the garage, can't make a call and receiving a call gets disconnected with the message mobile service disconnected.

JackHass

I have an LG g6 at the present time. I signed up March 1st this year.

This issue started after I changed to public. I've tried all suggestions except the volte one which I'll check now.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

It could be that Telus signal is weak there particularly if you are surrounded by steel plates (garage).

How many bars do you see on your phone? Can you call out? Does call gets disconnected then?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JackHass  did you just join PM and get this issue since joining?

When did you join PM?  If after Feb 22, maybe you can try VoLTE and see if it helps

And what phone (model and brand) you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.