cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t make or receive phone call

felixsav3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hello all,

I haven’t been able to call or receive phone call for 3 days. When people try to call me, they go straight to my voicemaill or when I call it seems that there are nos services.

I’ve verified airplane mode, do mot disturb and restart the phone. I have an IPhone X and I’ve used public mobile for more than 4 years. 
Anyone have an idea of what’s the issue?

thank you

12 REPLIES 12

@twaterman wrote:

It may still be shoddy but seems to work so far on the 3G only. I will see how it is over the next while, including if it works better in different areas.

Thanks again! 

@twaterman  fyi -

3G or WCDMA 2 (1900 MHz ) and 5 (850 MHz) bands makes the phone compatible, which is needed for phone calls, and can also be used for text messaging and data.

LTE can be used for text messaging and data. There may be times where LTE (4G) will provide better services for you.

twaterman

It may still be shoddy but seems to work so far on the 3G only. I will see how it is over the next while, including if it works better in different areas.

Thanks again! 

@felixsav3 wrote:

SMS and LTE is working.

@felixsav3 - after 4 years of services working for you, now calling is not. Do you have a different phone that you are using from before?

If suggestions provided here are not working maybe check what could be going on with your account or area/towers.

Go to the bottom of the Community page to submit a ticket with Customer Support (CSA) using the SIMon Chatbot option to inquire.

@twaterman wrote:

The 3G trick worked for me. Will be seeing if it keeps working over the next few weeks. Thank you for suggesting it! 

@twaterman - well, this is only temporary to make/receive calls. Ideally, you want to be on the automatic selection with 3G included. Seems network related if this is working for you. Do you notice better services if you are in different cities/towns?

felixsav3

SMS and LTE is working.

twaterman

The 3G trick worked for me. Will be seeing if it keeps working over the next few weeks. Thank you for suggesting it! 

twaterman

I am able to both text and use data without wifi. Only calls don't work. Trying the 3G trick mentioned now.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@felixsav3 @twaterman 

Does manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings help? This is not a permanent solution though.

twaterman

You are not alone. I have the same issue. Texting is fine. Data is fine. But when trying to make a phone call it just sits there and eventually stops (no sound at all) and when people call me it goes to voicemail without telling me there was a call. That happens about 75% of the time.

I have read others raising this same issue. It seems to be a frequent problem with Public Mobile. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@felixsav3  - no calling services working whatsoever? 

Do texts in/out work? What about data?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@felixsav3  Can you try this SIM card in another device and see if services are working ? Also you can try to reset your network setting and see if that helps also check 

Outage   map in your area:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Does real actual SMS texting work? Accessing the internet not on wifi?

Need Help? Let's chat.