cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Western Canada Network Outage, August 19, 2024

For discussion about network issues in Western Canada that started on August 19, 2024, please continue the conversation in this thread.

245 REPLIES 245

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Charmaine12341 hopefully won't be that long as some have reported that it started working for them. You can try reaching out to Customer support but not sure if they will do anything for you. To contact them click on the orange circle in the bottom right corner and type: Customer Support Agent

@Charmaine12341 wrote:

I have been unable to amke calls since this morning. I notice others are having the same problem. I am advised it may take up to 72 hoursto fix this. How do we get some compensation back for the loss of service and inconvenience?

The only ones who can assist with that would be the Public Mobile customer support agents. Please open a ticket using the chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Charmaine12341
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been unable to amke calls since this morning. I notice others are having the same problem. I am advised it may take up to 72 hoursto fix this. How do we get some compensation back for the loss of service and inconvenience?

SueP2

Telus is saying that Voice outbound should be working,  but it isn't for me 

Melm4

Mins started to work for maybe 3 hours around lunchtime and now it’s gone again ! Not very helpful when I need to use my phone on the road 

eddieO

@Rick4290 TELUS is aware and working on it as I think it's also affecting their other brands (TELUS and Koodo) so hopefully very soon but with these kinds of outages it's hard to have an ETA

Rick4290

Thank you so much!  Will just hope they correct this soon!

eddieO

@Rick4290 

It looks like Public Mobile is experiencing an outage in western Canada (BC, AB, and SK). It seems to be voice calls going out as several have reported being able to to receive calls, text and data has been working. Hopefully they’ll have this fixed quickly. 

For a look at the outage map:
https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map

Rick4290

All paid up, mid-month, and today I can's make any outgoing calls.  Tried removing/reinstalling sim card, and restarting, still no outgoing calls.  What should I do?

eddieO

@Laura621 

It looks like Public Mobile is experiencing an outage in western Canada (BC, AB, and SK). It seems to be voice calls going out as several have reported being able to to receive calls, text and data has been working. Hopefully they’ll have this fixed quickly. 

For a look at the outage map:
https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map

Laura621

there issue is affecting subscribers in Western Canada, but we know not everyone over there has the problem, only some

we don't know when Telus will fix it.  It is affecting Telus and Koodo as well.  Try reboot the phone every so often and test again 

osantos46

I am aware of the outage from this morning, I am able to receive calls, but not able to make them.  I did put a ticket in.  It is now 3:30 MST and still haven't had any word or resolution.

Another family member has same plan, but they are able to make calls and receive calls.

Does PM have a message board or place notice on website?

Saffire0
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Lucky you, mine still isn't working. 

Katherine_Chow

I can make a receive calls now. I had to toggle the airplane mode off and on.

Ttran0109

I'm able to make and receive calls now. I'm in Calgary.

eddieO

@catb are you still having issues calling out? Some have reported back to say it was now working. If it's still not working try restarting your phone

catb

Not sure on that as my son has a cell on public mobile network and he can make and receive calls. Sure wish customer service would get back to me as its hard when you can't even submit a ticket 😞 due to error 404 

pmthomson

I have that problem since mid-morning and have tried to submit a ticket.

R_M

Problem resolved Phone is working .... Telus network problem

eddieO

@watrbaby I don't think it's a problem with your SIM card, there is a known TELUS outage affecting Western Canada (BC, AB and SK). They are actively working on it so just hang tight and helpfully they'll have it fixed soon.

There's been a lot of posts today so it's very unlikely that everyone's SIM cards have all gone defective

watrbaby

I'm having a similar issue today with out going calls including my voice mail. I can text and recieve calls. It's the Sim not the phone because I tried my sim in another phone with the same issue. I managed to submit a ticket second try. I'm in BC Vancouver Island.  Samsung Galaxy S10E 

Gigi121

Am in Alberta

Gigi121

no I had rebooted earlier when I first noticed the outage and I just tried it about 20mins ago and it worked!

thanks @Gigi121 for confirming.  Did you have to reboot your phone to have it working again?

and which province you are in?

Gigi121

Resolved!

which province you are in?

there is current problem with voice , especially with calling out

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Update-Western-Canada-Voice-problem/td-p/...

if you want PM to confirm if you are one of the affected , or fix your problem,  message them using this link instead (since you cannot use Chatbot):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

eddieO

@catb are you located in Western Canada (BC, AB or SK)? There's is an outage still being worked on but will hopefully be fixed soon. Your text and data should not be affected though 

catb

I am losing my mind I can't make or receive calls, submit ticket not working 404 error code and can't send a message to customer service! 

try reboot phone.  I think Telus is bringing the system up and down now.  But should be back any time soon 

Need Help? Let's chat.