cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make or receive calls/texts either

monicap
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Phone just ends the call when dialing out and people calling me are getting busy signal. Also not able to send texts or receive texts. As per the phone tips page provided by Public Mobile, tried toggling airplane mode, restarting, removing/reinserting battery and SIM card. Still doesn't work. Checked account and it is active. I did now submit a ticket, but it is very frustrating to not be able to connect with an agent for at times, one or two days. Will I receive some type of compensation??? 

I feel Public Mobile should post service disruptions so the community knows when there are service issues. My daughter is probably frantically trying to call/message me and there's nothing I can do but wait. 

5 REPLIES 5

KDS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have! Thank you! 🙂

Hi @KDS many have the same problem today.

if you already tried reboot, maybe submit a ticket to CS agent first 

KDS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I cannot make or receive calls. All is well from sim card, account etc. Call drops when I call out, and calls in come up as busy. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@monicap 

Check to see if there is any outages in your area.

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@monicap 

is your data working? do you see your phone connected to PM network? 

You could be be impacted by the recent VoLTE enablement.  

Try this first, power down the phone for 5 mins and power up again and test

If that still does not work, you might want to try to check if you have a VoLTE option under Connection->Mobile Data, enable it and test agian

if it still does not work, try to change the Preferred network type or Network mode to 3G only and see if incoming calls are working after

If nothing works, I gues you have to wait for PM support to reply. They should be able to refresh your account and it should resolve the issue

Need Help? Let's chat.