cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make any calls- new number- it says plan not activated. though the current balance is perfect

sophh_cn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi !

I have got a new Public mobile sim and got a plan added  to it from the store. The activation went on fine with the payment voucher pin and I am able to now see the network is also available. But when I start to make a call, it says "Sorry, we can't complete ur call as u don't have an active plan in ur account!!".  I can see online that the current balance is perfect, and amount due is 0, it still says plan expired! Did anybody face similar..please help!

5 REPLIES 5

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@sophh_cn wrote:

Hi !

I have got a new Public mobile sim and got a plan added  to it from the store. The activation went on fine with the payment voucher pin and I am able to now see the network is also available. But when I start to make a call, it says "Sorry, we can't complete ur call as u don't have an active plan in ur account!!".  I can see online that the current balance is perfect, and amount due is 0, it still says plan expired! Did anybody face similar..please help!

@sophh_cn  Power down your phone and remove the sim card. ait 15 minutes, reinsert the sim card, power uyp your phone and test again. If it doesn't work you need to submit a ticket because you account has not been provisioned properly.

Submit a Ticket

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Have you restarted your phone since the signup? 

If not, enable your data and restart. 

@hojman wrote:
I'm having the same issue and I've had the plan for over a week and I just noticed it. I'm on the $40/month plan with unlimited Canada wide talk. I didn't import my number and it is a new number.

Try the lost/stolen trick

To report your phone stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-on tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  Then choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found. Restart your phone.

If still doesn't work, contact moderator team for help:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hojman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I'm having the same issue and I've had the plan for over a week and I just noticed it. I'm on the $40/month plan with unlimited Canada wide talk. I didn't import my number and it is a new number.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@sophh_cn wrote:

Hi !

Did you pick up a new phone number or port previously number? If you ported then the porting may not be finished yet and wait one hour later an try make call again.

Need Help? Let's chat.