cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log into My Account to cancel service

atiredman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently switched to a different cell provider and ported my number over. I want to go into My Account to turn off automatic payments, so I am not paying for 2 plans at once.

When I created My Account, I used a password manager, however using the manager to automatically fill in my username/password tells me I'm using the wrong password.

I have tried to use the Reset Password button, but I never receive the security validation using either my email or phone number.

I am wondering if this is because I already ported my number over to my new carrier? I just want to be sure I'm not paying for 2 plans at once, any help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

@atiredman wrote:

Thank you for your reply, it has put my mind at ease. I will keep an eye on my bank, but it sounds like I don't need to do anything else.

On very rare occasions due to some kind of glitch at PM your CC might be charged even though account is closed. It is always good idea to remove autopay and credit card from account Before porting out.

In case you see extra charge on your CC in a month or so go to your bank and ask for chargeback. There is no point coming back here or talking to agent. It will take too long to resolve that issue.

atiredman

Thank you for your reply, it has put my mind at ease. I will keep an eye on my bank, but it sounds like I don't need to do anything else.

atiredman

I did transfer my number, thank you for putting my mind at ease.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If you did port out your number your PM account is immediately closed. If you did that you do not have access to it anymore as it does not exist.

Did you port out (transfer) your PM number to other provider?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@atiredman   Yes, you are correct. If you ported out your public mobile number to another provider then this automatically closes your account here with public mobile. Meaning your account access to My Account is gone/closed.

Keep an eye out for any charges on your card from public, but it should not happen on next renewal when it should have renewed.

Need Help? Let's chat.