cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to network

EleanorMartin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi have just transferred from Telus and since then my phone says unable to connect to network (even when I manually select it - I can see the network!). I thought maybe I messed up the new sim card so I bought a new one but I have the same problem. My old sim card with Telus no longer works since I transferred the number over. Please help!

15 REPLIES 15

@EleanorMartin wrote:

The phone is not blacklisted. My husband has the same and we had zero issues transferring his over. My sim card does not work in his phone either.

@EleanorMartin  did you try to put your husband SIM in your phone to test and put your SIM in your husband's phone?  This can hopefully confirm if it is your SIM/Account or the device having the problem

Bookworm88

Hi @EleanorMartin, I see from the questions and replies here that you've already confirmed the transfer of your phone number from Telus and that your location is within the service area.

This is a longshot, but have you confirmed if the phone you're using is compatible with the Public Mobile network?  Most phones should work, but it wouldn't hurt to double check just in case.

On the "Get Started" page, scroll down to "To find out if your cellular phone is compatible with our network, click here", and bring down the drop down menu to show the search field.

Alternatively, you could try inserting your activated SIM card in another phone to see if you're still experiencing this problem.  It's possible there's a hardware problem with the mobile phone you're currently using.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@EleanorMartin 

If you have no services at all on your SIM card and you have confirmed this by putting it in your husband's phone your SIM card did not provision to your account upon activation. Put "SIM card did not provision correctly upon activation" in the subject line and send a detailed message. If you send your private message or support ticket via Simple--Simon ( not my preference) in the next 15 minutes you may get a reply tonight. Otherwise expect a reply first thing in the morning. The CSA can provision your SIM card quite quickly and a late night CSA may do it overnight if you include all of your necessary account info. You can periodically reboot your phone overnight to see if they have done so....if you remain online for the next hour or so a CSA may respond to sort you out tonight.

Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times but expect a reply within an hour. Fingers crossed tonight!🤞

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

At this point, @EleanorMartin , I believe the Customer Support Agents may be your best bet.

Just to make sure the activation/Sim card is complete and there aren't any provisioning issues they may need to implement to get you going.

EleanorMartin

Yes it says active.

I have been on the phone several times with Telus to ensure the phone was unlocked and the phone number transfer request went through.  Everything on their end looks good.

The phone is not blacklisted. My husband has the same and we had zero issues transferring his over. My sim card does not work in his phone either.

I have tried to contact CSA but I just get an error and to try again later.  I will keep trying.

@EleanorMartin wrote:

I just selected change sim card under my account.

@EleanorMartin 

If you completed the Change Sim feature under self-serve, then the 1st SIM card is useless.

Can you check under the Change Sim feature again to see what the last 4 digits are registered on the account?   Ensure THAT Sim card is the one inserted in your device.

What specific type of android phone is it?

Check to ensure it isn't blacklisted here (though i doubt that's the issue if you used it with TELUS):

Check the Status of Your Device in Canada | DeviceCheck.ca

@EleanorMartin wrote:

@EleanorMartin  - does your self serve account currently say ACTIVE?

If the 1st SIM card is not working and the 2nd one is not either, I cannot imagine it is a SIM issue.

Is your phone locked to Telus (even though Telus owns Public Mobile, there may be some backend stuff to deal with).

Or, have you tried to see if it is listed as blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Can you try the SIM card into another compatible phone to see if services work?

If still doesn't work in another phone, submit a ticket to CSA for assistance.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

@EleanorMartin 

You may wish to contact the Customer Support Agents to ensure you haven't activated two SIM cards.   (you WON'T want this as you'll be charged twice each cycle possibly...)

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

EleanorMartin

EleanorMartin

android

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@EleanorMartin wrote:

Hi have just transferred from Telus and since then my phone says unable to connect to network (even when I manually select it - I can see the network!). I thought maybe I messed up the new sim card so I bought a new one but I have the same problem. My old sim card with Telus no longer works since I transferred the number over. Please help!

@EleanorMartin  - were you charged for the sim card activation?

Try:

• restarting your phone or
  • performing a reset of the device's network settings.

Was this a Telus cell number you moved over to Public Mobile?

Did you receive a text on the Telus SIM card to approve the text over? There is a 90 minute window to do this.

If you missed the text submit a ticket for help; click this link: to request the transfer of your number over to Public Mobile.

EleanorMartin

Yes I responded yes.  

Did both those things several times as well. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hold it, @EleanorMartin 

Did you say your bought a SECOND Public Mobile SIM card?

Did you try activating BOTH cards?  I hope not.  Put the original SIM card you used to activate back in the device and see if you have texting/calling services.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

What did you do with the new one? Is this an iOS phone? Or Android?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@EleanorMartin 

Did you respond "YES" to the port authorization request from TELUS?

Try rebooting your device, or toggling airplane mode on/off

Need Help? Let's chat.