cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't cancel account.

cubeytherobot
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My partner just ported her number to another provider and can no longer access your call centre by phone or login on publicmobile.ca — it gives a message saying her login has been disabled. Not being able to get anyone on the phone to cancel the account is incredibly frustrating. Having people have to communicate with you via email where a response time is unknown seems like a questionable practice from a company that enables people to communicate via the phone.

How do I get someone on the phone immediately to ensure the account is cancelled before the next billing cycle?

6 REPLIES 6

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@cubeytherobot, FYI. In this country when you Port a number it auto cancels your account with the Provider you just left.

Hi. @cubeytherobot, If you want to Cancel PM account, PM is Prepaid. So after 90 days of Non-payment, account is zapped permanantly

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
How long was she a customer of PM? If she was a customer before January 27th 2015 she could try calling 18779995055 and ask a CSR. If afterwards then she could contact them via email on the main website contact us tab.

cubeytherobot
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@DK I hear you, but there is a big difference between being unable to access one's account/customer service and receiving confirmation that the account is, in fact, cancelled. She has a prepayment setup for next week for later this week and it would be nice to get confirmation that next month's service will not be charged to her card.

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
The fact that you can no longer log in reinforces the fact the account to has been closed.

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@cubeytherobot,

Once the porting is done, your account is automatically closed.

No futher actions is required by the client.

Need Help? Let's chat.