cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't call out with our US 4g roaming package Honolulu

LDT
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Both my husband and I are unable to make any calls out here. We can send and receive texts and use data but that's it. Is there a setting we are missing? Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

If you can take calls then you should certainly be able to call out. Try calling with a 1 in front of the 10 digits. Even for the restaurant next door.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@LDT 

Where are you in Hawaii? There is pretty good 2G network coverage in Hawaii but it depends on the island and your location? Have a look at the update post in this thread and use the cell mapper link to locate the specific 2G network towers. If you click on the tower info and close the pop up box you can see each towers coverage zone. It could just be a matter of moving to the other end of the beach?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/US-Roaming-Add-ons-Decommissioning-of-US-...

@Handy1   haha, I just posted when you post your message asking me.. LoL

@LDT   which roaming add-on you got ? the Bundle with TALK/TEXT/Data? or TALK and TEXT roaming?

did you successfully connect to T-Mobile manually from Network selection page on the phone?

Not sure if you have data on your roaming, but generally, it is easier to connect to get roaming data.  Roaming voice could be trickier but it should work in Honolulu 

and if you need to make calls, use VoIP app like TextNow to make free calls.  They will assign you another 10 digits number when you setup , you can use it to make calls and receive calls on the app.  It will work as long as you have Wifi or Roaming Data (if roaming data work) 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@softech  can you explain the voip or what ever that work  around is  to @LDT  when abroad 

LDT

Ya ... Did that but at least we can receive calls! Thanks 

LDT

Thank you for the advice ... that's disappointing though. My husband needs his phone for some work while he's here. C'est la vie.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@LDT 

Go to your Cellular Network and set it on T-Mobile.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@LDT   You have to have network set manually to T mobile , even then it can be spotty service , I think it’s best to have local SIM card in your destination when abroad cheaper and more reliable service 

Need Help? Let's chat.