cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add funds via Simon anymore, can't add less than what is due via self serve *still*

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Can you fix this problem already? Paying via Simon used to be the work around to accounting for rewards you *will get* with your upcoming renewal.  now you can only add via my account or 611, which is fine if you'd allow us to do our own basic math, so we don't have $5 sitting there in limbo every month

Unless y'all are going to actually allow people refunds, due to these limbo balances now being unavoidable - until this is fixed, should people wish to switch carriers

This is a  problem. Please, FIX IT ALREADY!!!

Sorry, I'm just annoyed. You took away the one way we had to do what we want to do, without fixing the other ways that are supposed to work first. Bad move PM

edited by computergeek541:  removal of attempt to bypass profanity filter

58 REPLIES 58

Pawprints1986

I won't actually need to until at least after the 5th, but I just wondered if you had used already 😁

I have to remember now though not to wait until last minute, if I have to basically create a new account and people were having to contact support

@Pawprints1986 honest, i didn't try it ss I still have enough fund for now.  You are going to do it?  leave us an user review:)

Pawprints1986

Does it let you add any amount you wish though? Or still forcing what's due like the old my account did? I haven't tried yet since this overhaul... In fact it just surprised me today lol

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Pawprints1986  and all 

payment by SIMON/chatbot is back!!!

In fact, that is the only payment option!!

Even you go to My Account, click Add Fund, it will bring you back to SIMON, I am not sure I like that.  But I guess everything is ChatGPT.   ChatbotGreatPaymenT is another ChatGPT.  loL

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986 

Your complaint about the payment features being disabled via SIMon are even more valid given the loss of the 611/IVR system in the past 10 days or so.....imagine how helpful this former functionality would have been for customers and how few customer support tickets would have needed to have been opened just so customers could pay their bill and/or load their voucher? Was disabling this little known feature worth the amount of overtime pm has paid out to handle all of these extra requests for support?

Maybe it would have been easier for pm to at least re-enable these payment functionalities of SIMon as a workaround while the tech department spent time scratching their heads trying to figure out the fix to the 611/IVR system? Let's hope they have done so and it's up and running tomorrow as promised? But I doubt anyone from pm is interested in my suggestions? Rather maybe I should have kept my mouth shut? Oh well too late now......Have a Grrrreat rest of your day! 🐯

Edit:

I should note that not all customers are experiencing this issue with the 611/IVR system or the alternative option if calling 1 855 4PUBLIC and entering your 10 digit phone number to access the system.

HI @Pawprints1986   I understand Autopay does not work 100% of the time

I agree the system for custom amount is an issue.  I guess other than pushing PM support to fix it, it is what it is for now.  But yes, open ticket and demand PM support to fix it.  We should be able to put in any amount over $1 as stated on the site

Pawprints1986

@hTideGnow autopay has failed on people... And if it does, you need to find out on your own, because unlike a postpaid service where they're seeking funds for an already used service, public won't chase you down to inform you if payment does fail

So I'd always just been advised to not let that have the chance to happen... I'm glad it's worked without issue for you, but the idea of failure makes me nervous. It's not even like I've got a landline for people to fall back on

Pawprints1986

"No, PM is prepaid provider, you won't get money back if you ever leave "

See that's a problem. They make you pay extra if you'd rather not rely on autopay, which since day 1 I've been advised not to as errors can occur and have occurred, but they won't return that extra that they made you pay, if you need to leave. 

However small an amount, that's a little crooked is it not? There must be some form, again however small, of illegality there I'd say 👀

Hi @Pawprints1986   I let Autopay deal with My Payment and I never have to worry about it, so why not?

But, on the other hand, even you pay full amount monthly, with your $5 rewards, in 5 months, you would have cumulate enough for a Free month, maybe that would make it a sweeter experience?

And, I really think Autopay is the way to go if you don't want to pay extra

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

I'm more concerned with, if it turned out something happened and I needed to switch carriers, could I get refunded those few dollars at the end of the day, since they made me pay extra rather than it being funds for an active month of service.

@Pawprints1986 

No, PM is prepaid provider, you won't get money back if you ever leave 

Pawprints1986

I haven't, but that would be a royal pain in the neck to have to do every month

I'm more concerned with, if it turned out something happened and I needed to switch carriers, could I get refunded those few dollars at the end of the day, since they made me pay extra rather than it being funds for an active month of service

I can deal with them holding a month of "limbo rewards" - IF that money is mine should I need to switch. That's why I've always left it at 0, just in case. It's been a few years but others add like 6 months at a time, what if you need to switch,  and there's anything left in your account not paying for current service even if it is only $5. It's not right. 

They could even come back with "rewards aren't refundable" making a few dollars off of every person that may need to leave, even though the system made them pay that extra. 

It's just a little shady in the end if that's the case...

@Pawprints1986 yes, it is a known issue on this new My Account?? 

did you try to submit a ticket and see if Support can put in that custom amount for you??

Pawprints1986

Was looking into it for this month... Still a thing, but decided to take screen caps this time for any who may still be confused

My rewards page

Screenshot_20230310-173725~01.png

Vs when I try to add that exact amount estimated

Screenshot_20230310-174111~01.png

Kinda sucks the only way to not have this problem is to hope autopay works 😕

@Pawprints1986 the option to pay from SIMON was removed.  No new features added and the payment amount "glitch" is still there

Pawprints1986

Just wanted to confirm, the 611 adding funds only let's you do chunks of $10 (so same problem), chat bot option gone, and self serve at least as of a couple weeks ago still made you pay the full owing balance. Far as I know vouchers are set amounts too

The only option to only pay what's due before rewards seems to be hoping autopay works... Not the best options. I doubt anythings being done about it? 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Would this include respecting PM's wishes when they issue a permanent ban to a user

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@softech correct there is no King of the Community.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Remember we aren't Legends we are customers just like you.

And also remember there is no King here.    🙂

Repect is the key

@darlicious wrote:

@ShawnC13 

But really the issue here is that no one pointed out these functionalities until it was too late to actually test them out or use them. Those in the know kept it to themselves

Maybe if less time was spent nitpicking and criticizing contributing community members posts and more time spent informing members about what can be done to help customers and manage our services we wouldn't need to be having these kind of discussions?

Maybe the discussion should be how the overall oracle program and team can be improved so as to make it more effective and contribute to the community as it was originally designed?

If you don't remember it's original purpose here's a reminder....

What Does It Mean To Be an Oracle?

The Oracles are a small group of Community members who have extensive knowledge about all things Public Mobile, and are passionate about making the Community a better place by helping our members. Oracles have used their knowledge to make a positive impact in the Community, by being helpful and providing constructive solutions and ideals, and their reward is legendary status—we view them as part tech wizard, part boy/girl scout, and part Jedi master.

You can always ask an Oracle for help with any problem, but please remember that they’re customers like you, and not Public Mobile employees.

Are you living up to your legendary status? Are all of your team members doing the same?

True I guess no one had brought it up and it wasn't only Oracles that knew about this.  I am not sure why the announcement post was edited so fast but the information must have been out there originally.  So who was it that was in the know that didn't share?

If there were less posts of taking shots at Oracles and other community members we wouldn't need these discussions you are right.  If I had more time after answering private messages from concerned members about what is going on in the community and those that message in a harrassing fashion I would love to be spending more time posting helpful information in the community again instead of being asked to look at this post or being tagged in a thread I haven't even participated in to try and draw me into some type of argument or something, but by the time I get through all that there is usually 10 posts saying the same thing.  Then if there is information I can correct or again remind people the preferred way to contact PM if there is an issue to use the chatbot I will post about that.

Now about the improvements to the Oracle program, the best way to make changes is from within.  Like I have said many times before when the opportunity comes up apply and see what happens to drive some changes. Did you apply the last time there was openings?

The community has changed so much once it went retail and it was no longer a DIY service, the community has grown and so has the Oracle team.

Remember we aren't Legends we are customers just like you.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 

Going back and looking at the timeline I understand why I was unaware of this function. The day of the announcement (which I believe @wetcoaster is correct that it was not initially pinned to the landing page)I was preparing for a road trip to Calgary and dealing with the completely unfair banning of a community member so the actual content of the announcement slipped under the radar for me.....other than the fact that it was going to be down for maintenance. The functionalities were pointed out to me the other day that once done I immediately tagged the post for reference. Had I not been traveling thru the Rockies and consumed with helping another member I might have noticed the thread and read thru it like I did the other day. Had I known about it I would have remembered it as I have a pretty good memory and can find useful posts and information posted that if not in the announcement board cannot be tagged and unless you can remember the thread title can be be very difficult to search. So the fact that this info was out there by way of @dust2dust 's post that then was rendered useless within a day gives you absolutely no basis to chastise me for not knowing what SIMon could do before that date?

Everytime a member posts a new functionality that SIMon presents and I read about it I make a note of the post so I can refer to it since I don't use SIMon myself......but I retain the information so that I can point customers in the right direction if it can help them resolve their issue. But really the issue here is that no one pointed out these functionalities until it was too late to actually test them out or use them. Those in the know kept it to themselves.....whereas whenever I learn something new or try something I haven't done before I make a post/thread about it which I have noticed when I do so there is rarely an acknowledgement or a bravo from any of the oracle team when I do so.....nor does it seem that any oracle has posted any informative posts/threads on new features or functionalities that have been developed by public mobile in a very long time.....? Maybe if less time was spent nitpicking and criticizing contributing community members posts and more time spent informing members about what can be done to help customers and manage our services we wouldn't need to be having these kind of discussions?

Maybe the discussion should be how the overall oracle program and team can be improved so as to make it more effective and contribute to the community as it was originally designed?

If you don't remember it's original purpose here's a reminder....

What Does It Mean To Be an Oracle?

The Oracles are a small group of Community members who have extensive knowledge about all things Public Mobile, and are passionate about making the Community a better place by helping our members. Oracles have used their knowledge to make a positive impact in the Community, by being helpful and providing constructive solutions and ideals, and their reward is legendary status—we view them as part tech wizard, part boy/girl scout, and part Jedi master.

You can always ask an Oracle for help with any problem, but please remember that they’re customers like you, and not Public Mobile employees.

Are you living up to your legendary status? Are all of your team members doing the same?

@dust2dust 

Thanks for taking the time for this explanation - and to test things in the first place.

It's quite simple: If they would have a 99.9% properly working Self Serve system we wouldn't need to rely on work-arounds to keep us going here... The new version of Self Serve is just lipstick on the same old pig, just that, generally, the underlaying programming has gotten worse.

@ShawnC13 

Thanks to dust2dust's link I went back to that announcement, which I don't remember being pinned at the time, but I'm not here daily anymore, so could have missed the later. It seems that any mention of the chatbot features in the actual announcement was edited out within 20 minutes of posting.

My experience with SIMon as well as the community search was that if you don't have the exact and perfect combination of key words you are just going in circles.

If PM had  made the bot features list into an easily accessible official help article and/or a pinned announcement it would have been more widely visible, and, possibly, something that semi-regulars like me had suggested more often. It feels like the powers that be didn't really want the features to be known and used so that they could just discontinue them on a whim.

Forget for a moment dust2dust's excellent sleuthing last September - with the couple of most common searches I did (which I'd do as a new customer before I'd get feed up with it) I didn't see any mention of SIMon payment features in the community. Obviously I can't check SIMon anymore.

you guys are funny.  I think the Simon payment (or other extra features) was just in the test stage, its fails, then they dropped it.  You know how many Google products didn't get to become real every year . Same idea

So, it is gone, why can't you guys just:

hTideGnow_0-1676047479605.png

@darlicious, There was a post of September 6th about the features of the Chatbot, so I am pretty sure EVERYONE who was in the community would have known what they could do with SIMon at that time not just Oracles, but it seems like others didn't offer these solutions to the many posts and threads on the very subject.

ShawnC13_1-1676045189770.png

So as you can see Oracles were not keeping some secret, the members were not kept in teh dark about actual useful features that SIMon possesses, and the information was out therefor all members.  So I think before you jump to attacking Oracles maybe use the search function to find the information.  Obviously many people have never used the features available and didn't remember them when the situation presented itself and there for it was a very low adoption rate for these features.

You are correct SIMon is the preferred method but when the information presented in the community is to not use it or "I never use SIMon" maybe that is why community members didn't offer this solution to people when they had this issue come up.  Personally I have never had to do a top up through SIMon or even self serve, my autopay has always worked so it is a feature I had forgotten.

ShawnC13_0-1676044956984.png

Maybe if you used SIMon as the preferred method you would have been reminded of it.

@darlicious   you just found out the features exist, never tried, and you already fall in love with it? 🤣

Less be fair, we all have our prefer way to a solution, there is no need to present ALL the ways to Rome, but just one that we believe is helpful 

and I know a regular, he knows the new roads to Rome, he wrote GOOD reference post that I personally love it, found it very useful and I bookmarked it.. He didn't offer it as a s solution often, too.  And ironically, his best Community buddy does not know this secret passage to Rome either

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 

Well of course there will be low usage of features that we don't know about? Seeing as we lost the ability to manage many different features in our accounts when pm rolled out the new self serve accounts we have been stumbling around blindly trying to find workarounds when pm had some of them in place but didn't tell anyone? But they disable them and tell the oracle team who say nothing until it seems the one customer..... @Pawprints1986 who had found these options and was using them discovers that they no longer work?

Was the oracle team aware of these options offered thru SIMon this whole time? Not one oracle thought they should mention this to the community? Or offer it as a solution to the many posts and threads on this very subject? If part of the role of an oracle is to communicate between public mobile and the community about these kind of features especially since it's  constantly being drilled into our heads that were supposed to use SIMon for everything.....ITS THE PREFERRED METHOD.....then why would we be kept in the dark about actual useful features SIMon possesses? That's pretty GRASS BACKWARDS in my opinion?!!

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

Can you fix this problem already? Paying via Simon used to be the work around to accounting for rewards you *will get* with your upcoming renewal. That option seems to have 💩 the bed aside from *checking* account balance, so now you can only add via my account or 611, which is fine if you'd allow us to do our own basic math, so we don't have $5 sitting there in limbo every month

Unless y'all are going to actually allow people refunds, due to these limbo balances now being unavoidable - until this is fixed, should people wish to switch carriers

This is a  problem. Please, FIX IT ALREADY!!!

Sorry, I'm just annoyed. You took away the one way we had to do what we want to do, without fixing the other ways that are supposed to work first. Bad move PM

Sorry, but transactions through SIMon have been discontinued.

I can confirm that PM told the Oracles that these features through SIMon were disabled as there was a very low usage of the feature.

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

never know it can be used for that.  And know it too late anyway. 

@darlicious  with a tight budget, our community rewards this month is being used to decommission the Simon-Transacton.

🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

There are glitches that are a decade old but workarounds that at least work. If pm can't or won't fix a glitch the least they can do is not eliminate the workaround.....like they have with the lost/stolen feature.

They certainly spare no expense fixing a glitch that is in our favour and detrimental to them? Gee I wonder why community rewards are so late this month? And how many members will have their reward screwed up because of its late application?

Need Help? Let's chat.