cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate SIM

gsthAqe8UG37WJT
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to help my gf with transferring her number from FIDO and activating a SIM. I am having a few problems:

- I cannot enter her first name in the field. It is too many characters.

- I cannot get past the credit card payment, even after trying several credit cards. I am 100% sure I am typing them in correctly.

I also tried using my name and credit card to port her number and then change them after, but that doesn't work either. What can we do to activate her SIM card?

9 REPLIES 9

gsthAqe8UG37WJT

Looks like the Public Mobile website was having errors the night before. Everything worked perfectly today.

[ ✔️ lot of unannounced maintenance lately ... Luddite]

gsthAqe8UG37WJT

We are 100% sure the postal code is correct.

gsthAqe8UG37WJT

There is no name entry on the number porting form, only an account number. You enter the name on the first page of the activation process. I tried both my name and her name in there, but we may need to use her aunt's name because her Fido number is on her aunt's Fido account.

gsthAqe8UG37WJT

Neither of the cards were charged.

gsthAqe8UG37WJT

I was already in incognito and tried to use Chrome and Edge. Same issue.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@gsthAqe8UG37WJT - multiple failed attempts with different credit cards makes me concerned. I would be afraid 'ghost' accounts got created and both cards will be charged amounts going forward. 

Because of this I would suggest you submit a ticket to customer support, explain what you experienced and did and confirm only one account was created with one card ONLY connected to public.

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

@gsthAqe8UG37WJT wrote:

I am trying to help my gf with transferring her number from FIDO and activating a SIM. I am having a few problems:

- I cannot get past the credit card payment, even after trying several credit cards. I am 100% sure I am typing them in correctly.

I also tried using my name and credit card to port her number and then change them after, but that doesn't work either. What can we do to activate her SIM card?

Please do not use your name on the the number porting form. This will cause number porting failure because the name on the porting form must match that as the name on the Fido account. 

As for different credit cards failing, this is rather strange. This could be browsing session lockout.  A Public Mobile customer support agent could set an account up without the use of a credit card. You would then need to use a payment top up voucher purchased from a store to pay for the plan.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@gsthAqe8UG37WJT wrote:

@gsthAqe8UG37WJT   just want to confirm the postal code matches the postal card on the credit card?  For PM, the important fields for payment are just card number/expiry date/postal code/cvv

And you didn't get any error 821 or error 837 , did you?

Try to activate again using Incognito mode and see how it goes. 

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gsthAqe8UG37WJT 

Clear your browser cache and go incognito. Just abbreviate the name.

Need Help? Let's chat.