cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t access my phone or data

Jillbaker2003
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My account is up-to-date I was charged on January 18 and again on January 20 but I cannot access my phone or data

7 REPLIES 7

@Jillbaker2003 

Check to see if the dropdown menu is for Last 7 days. Billing information is debit (what you owe) and credit (what funds you available and what you paid to date)...basic accounting. As long as your credit is higher than the debit, you are paid up to date. There should be a charge for what you paid as a credit on January 18 or 20 but if it shows charges on both days. You were double charged or you purchased an Add-on along with you monthly charge.

But if the debit is higer that the credit, this is what you owe on your next bill.

I hope this helps.

@Jillbaker2003 wrote:

I don’t understand the billing info in payment history I really need to talk wit an associate 

@Jillbaker2003  - we are customers and members like you here on the forum, not Public Mobile employees. Public Mobile representatives are called CSA's (Customer support agents). They can help with account related issues.

If these are indeed 2 charges, and funds are not in your Available Funds aream, was there a blimp when you activated and did it create a 2nd account?? Follow link above to contact CSA.

What is your Available Funds balance showing at the top of your My Account?

And are you able to take a snapshot of your "View Payment History" list?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jillbaker2003 : I'm assuming by the silence that others are contacting you in private messaging. Click on the little cartoon quote button in the lower right and muddle your way through the chatbot to get to Submit a ticket.

Or, post a screenshot of the left side of your overview page. And maybe your payment history. That way we can see what you see and guide you to what you might need to do.

Jillbaker2003
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don’t understand the billing info in payment history I really need to talk wit an associate 

guitarpickr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Have you confirmed that payment went through successfully twice? If the payment went through, click on the bottom right hand chat bubble and tell Simon your problem and he will give you a message to contact them to resolve this. Hope that this helps you! Cheers!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Jillbaker2003 wrote:

My account is up-to-date I was charged on January 18 and again on January 20 but I cannot access my phone or data

@Jillbaker2003  - did you activate on the 18th?

Were you having difficulty activating and had to do two attempts?

Credit cards companies can show both Pending and Authorized/Approved charges. Sometimes there are multiple Pending charges showing during activations or renewals, but when the payment gets authorized, the incorrect amounts will fall away, then the real one will stay.

If these end up being Authorized/Approved charges and the extra funds are not showing in your Available funds area, then contact CSA.

There are 2 ways to reach them, found here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

As for your data, do you have your Data Option turned on in the settings of your device?

Check that you have data left under the Overview section in your My Account. If it is there you should be able to use it, if it is not showing you used it all up.

If you have never been able to use DATA, try a reset of your network settings.

If still issues, check your APN settings: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles?q=apn

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jillbaker2003 

You should not have been charged twice. Can you go to selfserve.publicmobile.ca and view your payment history to see why this occurred? While there, you will also be able to see whether your account is active, and whether you you still have enough available funds to pay for the next month of service from balance (since you were charged twice).

Let us know what you find, and please post screenshots if possible (removing all personal information from them first).

Need Help? Let's chat.