cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access international minutes

Mattnic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got the free gift of 500 international minutes. I successfully added it to my account.

I am trying to make a call to Nigeria but when I do it, it says public mobile here, you don't have talk on your account.

Does it take a while to add to my account or what is the problem?

7 REPLIES 7

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

TextNow app shows Nigeria at 15.6c/min.

Rebtel about 12c/min

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mattnic 

As other members already pointed out that Nigeria in not included in the country in this add-on.  If you have a plan with limited minutes per 30 days cycle, $15 or old $10 plan, you can still use it to call Canada when you use all your plan minutes for your 30 days cycle before renewal.

If your family and friends in Nigeria have WhatsApp installed, you can call them using WhatsApp on wifi or mobile data.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately, Nigeria is not listed as one of the countries that you can call.

• International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

You could use Wi-Fi apps like WhatsApp or Textnow.  Another option would be to purchase a long distance calling card.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Mattnic Please check the list of supported countries for the addon. Nigeria is not there unfortunately. Can you use an app like WhatsApp to call to the person there if they also have it installed?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nigeria is not on the list of countries.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Mattnic wrote:

I got the free gift of 500 international minutes. I successfully added it to my account.

I am trying to make a call to Nigeria but when I do it, it says public mobile here, you don't have talk on your account.

Does it take a while to add to my account or what is the problem?

@Mattnic   Sorry but Nigeria doesn't seem to be on the list for international calls.  You might be able to ask moderators to do an account credit as a gesture of goodwill if you're unable to make use of them for any of the other countries on the list.

Moderators can be reached by clicking the chatbot bottom right or send a private message to Moderator_Team here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

It should be immediate.

you sure you put in the proper sequence to make the Long Distance?  

Open a ticket with the Bot to confirm or message Moderator directly:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.