cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not recivce any txt msg

toppy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi all,

I can not recivce the txt msg. I turn on/off for the imassage, using airplane mode. but still not working. I can send oout the txt. 

Any suggest?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@toppy  Still having problems? 

Best settings:

A. Settings >> Messages: iMessage ON; Send as SMS ON; MMS ON >> Send & Receive: should show phone number and Apple id email address

B. Texting should always work “if” you send to a phone number and not an email address and “if” you receive only on your phone number. So in your message settings......send/receive, only check your phone number...leave the registered email addresses unchecked.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@toppy 

Is the Cellular Data enabled in your settings?

@toppy 

have you tried signing out of your apple id and then signing back in?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@toppy wrote:

@Yummy @hTideGnow Thank you for prompt replied.. I tried both with wifi and data. or either one. but still not work.

I restarted te phone couple time. but it is the same.(call , recivce the call and snd out the txt. no issuse)

Can you receive ANY SMS or it is just one sender who makes trouble for you?

HI @toppy   are we talking about just one sender? or you cannot receive text from many friends?

ask as many friends as you can to send you text 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Is the sender sending to your email address or phone number?

toppy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Yummy @hTideGnow Thank you for prompt replied.. I tried both with wifi and data. or either one. but still not work.

I restarted te phone couple time. but it is the same.(call , recivce the call and snd out the txt. no issuse)

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@toppy try to reseat your sim card

and make sure  Mobile data and Wifi are both turn on and see if it works

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

iMessage uses your data so you have to be connected to Internet either through WiFi or using data.

Try using native cellular SMS system and not proprietary app.

Need Help? Let's chat.