cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i switch 2 phone numbers in the 2 different plans

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi All the community members,

I have a question about the plans. I have 2 lines in PM. 

One is $15 another one is $40, can I switch the 2 phones number into different plans.

or I need to move one of my numbers to a different provider. and come back again.

Please be advised.

Have a wonderful day.

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @kaytus 

Seems to me (unless misunderstanding the ask), the best course of action is the one proposed by @kselmak to simply change plans on each account to the other plan.   The only caveat would be if by changing plans you forfeit any bonus activation freebies or other particulars on an account.   

You could confirm with the moderators that you wouldn't be losing anything before switching plans to be sure:

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click on the bubble in the lower right and request moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thank you all the advance.

Have a nice weekend.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kaytus 

You cannot switch phone number between PM accounts.  It is the practice by all Canadian providers and no exception at PM.

It will cost you extra to porting your number out and back to PM.  Forget about using this method if you have refer-a-friend and loyalty rewards and/or lots of available fund in your account.  

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

You can just change plans, login to your account and click on plan details and there you will see the link to change the plan

If you port out your account will permanently shut down and you will lose everything on it

You cannot switch accounts either, to switch numbers between accounts we were told it is impossible my

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@kaytus wrote:

One is $15 another one is $40, can I switch the 2 phones number into different plans.

or I need to move one of my numbers to a different provider. and come back again.

Please be advised.

Have a wonderful day.

Just remember if you port out that account would be closed, and if you were to port it into your other account you would then lose that number.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kaytus You cannot switch numbers between accounts. 
Your other idea won't work either if you want to retain any rewards as an account is terminated as soon as you port out the number. And when you port in a number to an active account the original number is lost. 

@kaytus wrote:

Sorry, but Public Mobile will not do this.

If you do port a number out and back in, it will be handled as a new activation (if porting into a new account).

Need Help? Let's chat.