cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I stop getting PM Admin txt late night

Hance
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there. Is there a setting somewhere that asks PM to not send me routine text message at 3:00am?

On call 24-7, so don't want txt notifications from PM about routine stuff, like 2 messages in a row about my acct coming due in a few days, or thanking me for paying!    I want Public Mobile to send routine messages during normal business hours!!!   Is this possible? 

7 REPLIES 7

@umnikke8 @Hance  yes, this complaint comes up a lot but PM was not listening 

So, for now, adding it to the contacts and mute the notification is the best way to deal with it.  Do not block it, just in case you miss anything important 

umnikke8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Getting the messages is bad enough, but sending them late at night is stupid. They don't provide a way to turn them off. They used to send them all at 11am for me, then some time ago they split it, they send some at 11am and some at 11pm.

Jencho
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Hance 

...kinda low tech...but my suggestion is to turn phone off at bedtime.

Turn phone volume waaayy down before bedtime...leave phone in different room.

Never mind me...I just noticed "on call 24-7". Not a good idea to turn volume off then !

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I use IFTTT to turn on "Do not disturb" mode at midnight and turn off the "Do not disturb" mode at 8am every day.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Hance Are you sure those texts come at 3:00 AM? I usually receive them during the day except the one renewal text at midnight. You can simply block or silent text messages coming from certain number depending on the app you use. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Yes you can, @Hance 

Just go into the text, then click "Block Sender" or "silence notifications" from that particular sender.

Better yet, set a "Do Not Disturb" for that sender to a particular time-frame if that works better.

Need Help? Let's chat.