cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I receive sms & calls when in overseas ?

Siu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I am public mobile user. I forgot to forward calls when I was in Canada. Please advise what I can do to enable me receive calls or sms when I am in overseas ? Thank you. Have a nice evening.

Regards

Siu

3 REPLIES 3

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If by overseas you mean not a US state or territory then nothing will work from here.

But for your question, an option would be to have someone you trust buy a sim, give you the number, you change the sim in your account, you get one of the mentioned voip apps and its Canadian number, they put the sim in a phone and forward your number to that voip number, you connect to the internet and use the voip app.

SMS is trickier. You would need that friend to download an sms forwarding app onto that phone with the new sim in it and set it to your voip number. Not all free versions of a voip app will receive verification codes though.

VoIP means voice over internet protocol. Basically a virtual phone or internet phone. Most also do sms.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Siu For US,  you can receive sms for free.  To receive and make calls or to send sms, you will need the proper roaming addon

For anywhere else, NO.  PM has no roaming service other than US.  You will need to use local prepaid data sim.  And download  free VoIP app like TextNow for free calls and text

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

No, you cannot receive calls nor SMS using PM services while overseas. Only service offered while outside of Canada is in USA with appropriate US add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.