cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I order a new SIM card to Germany?

robmue
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If so where can I provide the shipping adress ?  Or if not shipped abroad how can I provide the adress of a friend in Canada in order to forward to Germany? I need the SIM asap for business purpose at arrival. Thank you very much

17 REPLIES 17

loggywd

A better way is to go to the local Wow to pick one up if you need it in a hurry. Online shipping takes days.

Stormy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Jeez that sounds like a lot of work. Would have been far easier and faster to have had your friend go to any Walmart (if they will sell the SIM without activation) or any WOW Mobile Boutique and bought as SIM from them. He could have then emailed you the SIM number and you could have activated it while waiting for the physical card to arrive from him in the mail. No need for creating a new account.

@robmue wrote:

Thanks! I ordered a new sim with a new email and new account to my friends address. After SIM arrival there I will activate this new SIM number in my old account (change SIM while logged into my account where I lost the SIM) and my friend will mail it to my address abroad.

I hope it will work then right at my arrival back to Canada end of May if I take care that the account stays active and paid to keep the old phone number. 

Exactly correct. Hope it arrives before you depart for Canada. If it misses you, create a new topic and we'll try to assist. We have many members in Toronto and Vancouver, not so many elsewhere, but all are willing to help.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

robmue

Thanks! I ordered a new sim with a new email and new account to my friends address. After SIM arrival there I will activate this new SIM number in my old account (change SIM while logged into my account where I lost the SIM) and my friend will mail it to my address abroad.

I hope it will work then right at my arrival back to Canada end of May if I take care that the account stays active and paid to keep the old phone number. 

@robmue wrote:

Yes I have a PM account and it is active until July.  I tried to set up my friends delivery adress besides my profile adress. Does not work. I guess I have to set up a new account with my my friends adress to get the SIM shipped to there and activate it in my first account. Little strange but only option, right?

Not to my understanding. Try activating a new SIM for your friend with just a different email address from yourself to create a different account. 

If you are simply wishing for him to "inherit" your account but you have lost the SIM, just get a new SIM then click Change SIM while logged into your account. When he arrives give him that SIM; or mail it.

Let us know which option you prefer to be sure you receive proper instructions. I understand now that you are in Canada and your friend is in Germany?

robmue

Yes I have a PM account and it is active until July.  I tried to set up my friends delivery adress besides my profile adress. Does not work. I guess I have to set up a new account with my my friends adress to get the SIM shipped to there and activate it in my first account. Little strange but only option, right?

Also, shipping takes a couple of days, it is not very long.

And you do not have to physically insert your SIMto keep your account active.

Physically inserting the SIM is good only to use your phone in Canada. Your account status is not linked with your SIM status (except that an inactive account for more than 90 days will void the SIM associated with it).

@robmue Do you currently have a Public Mobile account? If so, when was the last ime you paid for it? Replacing a SIM in an account, is different from activating one.

@robmue

PM doesn't ship replacement SIMs, only new ones.

New SIMs (unactivated SIMs) are valid forever (or almost, I guess).

As soon as your friend receives your new SIM, he can send you the new SIM number (you do not need the physical SIM if you see your friend when you arrive here, but you can have it mailed to you if you want your phone to work right off the plane).

You can change your old SIM number for your new SIM number in your account whenever you want.

Keep in mind that an inactive PM account (not paid for/renewed) stays dormant for 90 days. Then if not reactivated (paid for), you loose your account, your phone number, and the SIM associated with your account is good for garbage and can never be used again. (this is NOT linked with having lost your old SIM or not, but only with paying your account or not).

robmue

I lost my PM SIM in Germany. My preferred solution would be a replacement of my lost SIM shipped to a friend in Canada who forwards and mails it to my German adress.  If PM does not provide replacement SIMs, ships only new SIM cards, how long does it take to ship to Canada and how much time do I have to activate with its number and connect it with my existing account. How many days after activadtion do I have to physically use it before activation will be timed out? 

Thanks for your response!

@robmue wrote:

Great! So I can hook up every SIM to my PM account and activate it in Germany logged in to my account?  You help me so much!

Unclear what you mean buy "every SIM", but each SIM must have its own separate account & email address. If you will see your friend shortly after arriving in Canada you can activate the SIM with just its number; you do not need to physically have it.

Be sure your phone is unlocked and compatible with, at least, the 3G network bands listed here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telus_Mobility.

If you are willing to manage with just wifi, fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data).

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@robmue you also need a Canadian credit card to activate a sim.

@robmue wrote:

Great! So I can hook up every SIM to my PM account and activate it in Germany logged in to my account?  You help me so much!

Yes without any problems, any new and never activated SIM can be linked to your account.

I am not sure about already activated (and still valid, ie not linked to an expired account for more than 90 days) SIMs, but that won't be the case for you anyways.

robmue

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@robmue if you have friends in Canada, you could ask him/she to order for you, then tell them to shipped to you, you need Canadain credit card to activated the PM account or buy voucher

robmue

Thanks for response. Any idea how to ship to a different adress then the provided in my account profile? It would help if a friend could forward it to Germany.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@robmue wrote:

If so where can I provide the shipping adress ?  Or if not shipped abroad how can I provide the adress of a friend in Canada in order to forward to Germany? I need the SIM asap for business purpose at arrival. Thank you very much

@robmue no way to shipped to Germany, PM deals local only, you doing business go with Big3, Robellus

Need Help? Let's chat.