cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get a plan with 40-50GB/month through Public Mobile?

cdavis224
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like to get a plan with 40 - 50 GB per month for the summer since I will be travelling and need to still go online for some zoom meetings for courses I am taking.  Am I able to get a plan this large without paying $15/ 1GB as an add on (which would be $600 for 40GB!)?

7 REPLIES 7

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Are you traveling within Canada ?

I'd reccomend looking into a smart hub plan from Telus like @darlicious suggested. 

Where are you traveling to ?

@AE_Collector   haha.. i guess many of us were surprise PM offer a plan in that price range.. and there have been lots of discussion (mainly negative i would say) about this plan...

but to be fair, PM was just reacting to the market (both Lucky and Chatr have them), maybe even you ask PM, they wouldn't want that plan either.

@AE_Collector 

It's been there since last Thursday......don't worry it's a whole lotta disappointment. Price wise.

@softech wrote:

@cdavis224  PM does not have plans that offer that much data.  The most they offer is $70 for 15GB.  If you want more, you might want to look elsewhere, Koodo or Telus

.. and when you say you are travelling, are you within Canada?  PM only offers roaming in US and  is not cheap

@softech 

Well fortunately I didn’t open my mouth before investigating further. My first thought was what are you talking about… 15GB. But there it is $70/15GB. When did that appear…first I have heard of anything above 10.5GB.

AE_Collector

@cdavis224 

You may want to look at a telus smart hub to fufill those needs.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@cdavis224  PM does not have plans that offer that much data.  The most they offer is $70 for 15GB.  If you want more, you might want to look elsewhere, Koodo or Telus

.. and when you say you are travelling, are you within Canada?  PM only offers roaming in US and  is not cheap

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

No you would need to go to Telus or possibly Koodo.

With pm you can ask for an early renewal if you run out of data, but not good if in middle of zoom call, plus data speeds here are limited at 3mbs which might be too slow of a connection.

Need Help? Let's chat.