cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I buy prepaid PM vouchers alongside autopay?

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

My question is can I buy a prepaid voucher at a place like a gas station or drugstore, and then inputting the code into the self-serve? All while having auto pay on? (and still receive the autopay discount) Thanks! 

5 REPLIES 5

@LeePublic 

That is most definitely a no although you may or may not get them with an activation at TMS. You can get them on the purchase of SIM cards and if you have a the spend $50 get  25,000 points that can be used on sim cards....I have never tried to redeem points there....as mentioned London Drugs has the only loyalty program that I know of that allows both the collection and redemption of it's rewards on a mobile voucher/minutes/card.

@Nezgar 

I think it was @hyT that said they were only charged gst on the vouchers at 7/11.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious Thank you! Quick question, can you earn PC Optimum points on prepaid vouchers? There's a Shoppers 5 minutes walk from where I live.

I knew @darlicious would be all over this one.

My favourite is getting vouchers when I pass through Alberta, and then you only pay the GST, no PST. 🙂  Would also work if you get a friend/family in AB to purchase one and tell you the PIN. (and optionally pay them back via e-transfer LOL)

I believe someone reported they were not charged GST at a 7-11 elsewhere, but I don't recall if this was tested by others...

@LeePublic 

You most certainly can! It never hurts to add them on the spot using 611. Dial 611. Once it connects press (1) and (1) again and add the 12 digit pin # from the voucher. Once successfully added you will also get a confirmation text from 611.

This is also the easiest way to reactivate an account that has been suspended for non payment. Any account suspended via lost/stolen will not automatically reactivate until service is resumed manually via lost/stolen. 611 does however accept the funds from the voucher.

You can also take advantage of collecting air miles at Shell stations and if you join the LD Extras loyalty program at London Drugs purchasing $10 vouchers on separate visits will earn you a $5 "coupon" every 10 visits (10×$10=$100=$5=5% savings) They are the only loyalty program that will allow you to both collect and redeem rewards on mobile phone cards/vouchers/minutes. Plus you get a $5 coupon on your birthday among other benefits.

If you end up purchasing pm vouchers at different retailers not all vouchers are immediately valid upon purchase and can take up to 24 hours to become redeemable. Vouchers from SDM, 7/11, Shell stations and London Drugs are immediately valid upon purchase.

If you would like more info, real examples of various pm vouchers and/or you would like to share your experiences with vouchers then please visit here......

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#...

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@LeePublic wrote:

My question is can I buy a prepaid voucher at a place like a gas station or drugstore, and then imputing the code into the self-serve? All while having auto pay on? (and still receive the autopay discount) Thanks! 

Yes, you can add vouchers to your account and still receive the autopay reward. The renewal will use the balance in Available Funds first and then your credit card.

Need Help? Let's chat.