cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls to my number asks to enter mailbox number

Donb00
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

All calls going to my number are being answered by the Public Voicemail system first asking to enter the language I would like to use then asking to enter a mailbox number.

I attempted a reset of the voicemail password on the website but still same thing no change.

How do I get support to correct this?

9 REPLIES 9

With public Mobile, i normally recommend doing the following to cleanup forwarding:

##21# to cancel & erase any "unconditional" forwarding

and

##004# to cancel and reset any "conditional" forwards (Busy/Declined, No Answer, Offline) which Public Mobile will reset your default voicemail service number.

##002# does all 4 above in one shot, but *002* should not be used to set.... If the default public mobile conditional forwards are still not working after a ##002# or ##21# & ##004#, then *004*3065804001# would do.... (or any of the national voicemail access/deposit numbers on the following link)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

It kind of sounds like OP issue is that they ported from another provider, and either their port hasn't completely transferred to Public Mobile yet and calls are still arriving at their old carrier's voicemail service -- or they have inadvertently programmed their old-providers voicemail number into their conditional forwards. (which of course should be quickly fixed by dialing ##002# or ##004# ...)

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Are you a brand new customer or is this something that just arose out of nowhere. This is fairly rare on the community but definitely maddening no doubt 

Oh whoops you made me look. It DOES set them all. So @Donb00 you would then need to turn off the always forward after that code.

Adding - dial ##21#

Adding more - SK, MB, NS, PE, NL, YT, NT, NU do not have working numbers. There never was for NL, YT, NU. So province-wide customers in those provinces (territories) would be in some trouble unless Public had a workaround for those provincial customers.

Yes, I realize current offered plans have Canada Wide calling and it wouldn't matter what voicemail access number is used in those cases.

I also have a feeling, though, that some people are still on a provincial calling plan; so to be safe, I usually suggest the 'pick a local one' option.

Would that command [*002*17785804001#] continue to send all calls to voicemail? Or, does it just set up the voicemail..guess I could test it myself, but too lazy to try right now. 🙂

@esjlivIt sets all the call forwarding to a proper voicemail number. Some of the ones in that updated list no longer work. With all current plans having Canada-wide, it doesn't matter which voicemail access number to use.

@dust2dust wrote:

Change your voicemail access number to 1-778-580-4001.

Then dial *002*17785804001#

Hopefully the site will show that number.

What does the *002* do in front of the voicemail number @dust2dust ?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Donb00 - so you are not able to receive any calls at all, and it is going to your voicemail?

If you just ported over a number from another provider, make sure to restart your phone and I would suggest to perform a reset of your device's network settings.

OR, check that your do not disturb is turned on your phone. This would direct all calls to your voicemail (which does not seem set up).

You could delete any voicemail contact that exists on your device, then add a voicemail number that is local (or not local since you likely have a canada wide calling plan) to you area found here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Donb00 

Try dialling 1 and hold from your device to access voicemail, from there,  proceed to setup. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Change your voicemail access number to 1-778-580-4001.

Then dial *002*17785804001#

Hopefully the site will show that number.

Need Help? Let's chat.