cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls not working in USA

sarahmcmanus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My voice calls aren't going through in USA. I try to make a call, but after a few seconds it ends without dialing. 

I have data in USA that works.

I thought my regular plan covered this and I also purchased an add on to see if that would fix it. 

4 REPLIES 4

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sarahmcmanus 

Here is a link to PM’s VoLTE info which you might find helpful. At the end of the article, you can check to see if your device is on the list of phones that are VoLTE-enabled.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/volte

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@sarahmcmanus 

if you are currently in US and have a Canada / US plan...but also bought a 15 Day US Roaming add-on...that could be a problem. You should message Customer Support to cancel that add-on. Are you certain you have a Canada / US regular plan ?

What make / model is your cellphone ? Some phones aren't volte enabled by PM so you might have to have a phone that will drop to 2G for calling as they've shut down 3G calling in US.  Let us know which phone you're using and w can look if it' s included in PM's whitelist of volte enabled phones.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@sarahmcmanus 

As long as you have the Canada/USA plan. It should work and you didn’t need to purchase the Add-on.

If your plan is just a Canada plan then you need to purchase an Add-on.

Just go to the Settings on your phone and enable VoLTE and see if that works.

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sarahmcmanus - Please try to put a 1 in front of the number.

Need Help? Let's chat.