cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls not coming through

MOHINDER
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have recently switched over from Fido to Public Mobile and many incoming calls are not coming through and it goes straight to my voicemail. I have had many complaints from the bank, work, family, friends etc. that calls are not going through. In these instances, my reception is showing full bars on my phone and I had never experienced this issue while I was with Fido. Please let me know how you can help. Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Irrenne

I belive I'm having the same issue, not all my calls are coming through. I just switched companies last night. 

Triton72
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had the same issue. Could make calls but not receive them. It's a porting issue and the moderator has to rest it for you. Very frustrating and I had to wait 4 weeks due to a promo. I hope it's quick for you. It's worth it in the long run, but it sucks to wait

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey @MOHINDER

Unfortunately, this does sound like a port issue, as @Luddite pointed out Robot Sad Usually, when a port is only partially complete, customers report being unable to receive calls (but able to make them). 

In any case, could you send me the info that Luddite posted above via private message? I will assist you with this 🙂

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

MOHINDER
This is not a port issue, my public mobile account is active and I can make outgoing calls with this number. My issue is that for some reason a lot of the time, people are complaing to me that their calls are not coming through. I tested my phone myself by calling my public mobile number from my house phone and it went straight to voicemail 3 times before going through even though I had full reception on my public mobile number.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Sounds as though your Fido port-in has failed.

Try your old SIM. If it works just keep using it until the PM SIM is functional. Do not close your old account; that will happen automatically. Or if you have another phone, use your old SIM in it and carry on with two phones

If your port-in has stalled more than 3 hours you will need moderator assistance. Send any one of them a private message ( @Mary_M for example) with your phone number and an explanation. Coverage is currently: Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST).

Include the following info:

• old carrier account number, exactly as shown on your bill
  • old carrier phone number
  • the name, exactly as shown on your bill
  • an Alternate Phone Number; someone else’s, not your own

Channel your patient persona. 🙏

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.