cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls go directly to voice mail and many SMS texts not received

lucaspg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Since the start of my plan, I could NEVER get in-coming calls. They go directly to voice mail.

Also, several online services I use send SMS verification texts to my number but they are NEVER received.

I'v open help tickets before but this problem was NEVER corrected.

This is very UNACCEPTABLE situation and I would resolve ASAP since it is affecting my school and work etc.

Please help.

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16

@lucaspg wrote:

I tired with DO NOT DISTURBED setting it did not work. 

I ported my number from PC mobile 

I'm using an iPhone SE 

Do not distrub mode wouldn't prevent you from receiving text messages. You simply would not be notified of them, but if you were to manually check for the incoming text messages, they would still be there.  As for incoming phone calls, and at least in the Android ecosystem (I don't have an iPhone to check), Do Not Diisturb Mode also does not prevent calls from coming in, but only silences the ringer.  While in DND mode, I can still answer calls, but I would have to be staring at the screen at the exact moment of an incoming call to know about it.

@lucaspg wrote:

I'm using an iPhone SE 

@lucaspg   how did you request to port from PC mobile?

Supposingly: :

If you wish to transfer an existing numbering from Koodo Prepaid or PC Mobile, you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Customer Support Agents here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

So, you opened a ticket with PM Support earlier and requested that and they told you the port was completed?

or You requested porting  your number from PC Mobile when you first activated?  

I suggest you to first open a ticket with PM Support to sort this out with the porting request.   If you open the ticket tonight, likely someone will reply you tomorrow morning (just need to monitor your Community inbox)

Let us know how it turns out.

@lucaspg wrote:

Ok fine 

I'll change a new number 

@lucaspg  - no need to change to a new number...just submit a ticket to Customer Support (CSA) to help you with transferring your PC Mobile number over to Public Mobile.

@lucaspg wrote:

My SIM code is now locked 

I tried to enter the pin. Now it's ask for my PUK code. 

Where is that ?

@lucaspg  - 

When did this message to enter a pin pop up?

If you entered this too many times incorrectly then you will need customer support help.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster  use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

UNLESS your phone is locked to its previous provider, then contact them to unlock it for you.

@lucaspg 

Reach out to the support agents.

Tell them you wish to transfer your number from PC Mobile to here.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

lucaspg

Ok fine 

I'll change a new number 

lucaspg

My SIM code is now locked 

I tried to enter the pin. Now it's ask for my PUK code. 

Where is that ?

@lucaspg wrote:

I'm using an iPhone SE 

@lucaspg  did you have customer support help you complete the port over from PC mobile?

If you wish to transfer an existing number from Koodo Prepaid or PC Mobile, you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Customer Support Agent (CSA) team here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

But, you said you already submitted tickets, were they for porting over here?

@lucaspg 

If you wish to transfer an existing numbering from Koodo Prepaid or PC Mobile, you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Customer Support Agents here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

lucaspg

I'm using an iPhone SE 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@lucaspg  - if you never received calls since activation, the calls must be going somewhere since voicemail is kicking in. 

Are they going to a previous provider's voicemail that you thought you porting in from?

lucaspg

I cannot receive calls or SMS 

3G is selected, but still doesn't work. 

I can only send  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@lucaspg - what is your account status say..is it active?  https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/

Call 611 from your device to check this as well.

Did you restart your phone, and remove and reinsert your SIM card?

Did you try a reset of your network settings as @JK8 suggested above?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@lucaspg  - was your activation date the same as your community start date March 23rd? If so, that is a long time to not have all your services working, sorry to hear that.

Ensure your Do Not Disturb setting is NOT enabled on your device.

Did you port over a phone number from another provider? If so, incoming calls are usually the last to port over. But after this long it should be completed.

And, if you submitted tickets I would presume this would have been discussed?

If you are using iMessage, this would explain why you are getting these messages but not regular SMS ones.

OR, are you android? If so, check to see if you have your Chat Features enabled? If you do turn that setting off and see if things improve.

Or, did you activate with a new number?

What is your model of your device...making sure it is compatible.

edit, to add an important word above.

lucaspg

I don't have another unlock device. What's another option ?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@lucaspg 

First of all remove your number. This is a public forum.  Have you tried resetting network settings? Can you try your sim in another unlocked phone? Are you a new customer? Did you port your number over?

Edit: can you set the preferred netwok on your phone to 3G

Need Help? Let's chat.