cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from Public accounts and Bellus network

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

My bit of search is coming up empty. Is this a job for the support people?

My phone is not receiving calls from other Public accounts. It will receive from TextNow. It will receive from Fido. It will receive from Shaw Mobile.

I move the sim to another phone and it receives calls fine.

I manually re-connect to Public (leaving it on automatic). I switch to 3G only. I power down and restart (basically the same as airplane mode but more so).

The caller just gets nothing and it hangs up.

The phone jumps up in bars the way it does when it switches to 3G. Then it goes no service. Then it returns to normal.

No Do Not Disturb. No blocked callers.

This has apparently been going for a few days so it doesn't seem related to todays events. Yeah yeah I'm a low usage user and nobody calls me that I know of. Now anyway.

What other search terms can I use. Or is this simply a job for the support people?

Adding - changed subject line

110 REPLIES 110

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Any chance you have enabled call barring?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Ive never done it....I dont see why it would work if you are getting calls from all other providers.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious- But then why would the sim work fine in another phone?

I would also hate to reset network settings for all the wifi's I've collected over time. Has that idea actually worked for others?

@darlicious- Ah ha. So your searching prowess wins again. I had a remote memory that I had heard of this sort of thing but I couldn't reasonably search it out. I guess I'll contact the support people and see what they come up with.

@dust2dust wrote:

I thought of those two options of course. One problem with the $1 is that I have a spent gift card set up. I suppose I could get some practice with entering a new card in the new system. 

You can practice adding, but no way to practice deleting the card  LoL

Did you try asking PM to re-provision the SIM? 

I thought of those two options of course. One problem with the $1 is that I have a spent gift card set up. I suppose I could get some practice with entering a new card in the new system. The other suspension idea is a hassle for rewards.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Rethinking this I am reminded of the Rogers incoming calls from other Rogers customers whereas there is a switch that needs flipping so your phone can recognize pm calls as incoming....or something along those lines. So you just might need the tech team involved.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

It could be a provisioning issueut unlikely given what your signal status indicates but you can try manually topping up $1 or the lost/stolen trick.

@Nezgar- The phone works fine for outgoing. It's incoming from other Public accounts that's the problem (the spouse!...and another account). It works fine incoming from other providers. I'm in BC. The phone worked fine up until not long ago (before yesterday).

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

You mentioned you were already successfully able to run the ##002# / ##004# commands, so that indicates SOME 3G connectivity since those commands can only be executed via 3G..... here's some more to just query all the forward settings:

*#21#

*#61#

*#62#

*#67#

Maybe there is an outage with one particular 3G band in your area that your "non-working" phone is limited to... 3G service is generally 850 or 1900Mhz, maybe one of those are temporarily offline in your area, and your particular phone model.... What model is the non-working vs working phone?  Though it would be pretty rare nowadays to see a phone that only supports one of 1900 or 850 3G bands....

In winnipeg last year, Telus shut down a bunch of their 850Mhz 3G access, leaving only 1900Mhz and concerns that coverage may become more spotty.

@darlicious- So I go in to call forwarding and I see I had them set to my TextNow number. I think duh and smack my head. Set them all to default manually and even for good measure using ##002#, ##004#. No change.

No change setting to 3G only.

No volte option available on this phone.

Then I look at your signal strength question.

Idle - looking at it at this moment - -109/31, LTE

Call comes in - -83/37, UMTS

Then it says Network - No service and Service status - Out of service. Moments later Radio off. Moments later Unknown. Moments later back to normal idling.

I have this sim APN on MMS-only. The other sim was proper APN. The other sim did the same thing. Not that data should have anything to do with it other than thinking of volte. Tried with normal APN no change.

The other phone did show a possible option of volte while playing around with either a dead telus sim or maybe rom's. But with the Public sim in, no option. This phone is the concern though.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

What happens if you call forward your phone number? Unreachable? Busy/declined? I tried replicating with my A320 and calling it from my moto g7+ and all was normal. Have you tried with it set to 3G only? What does your signal strength do under About phone>>sim card status>>signal strength ? When you call it? Is VoLTE enabled in either phone? Maybe its a sign of things to come...?🤔

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Phone shows a couple bars of service sitting idle on LTE. Call is made. Phone sees that and the bars jump up. All normal so far. Then I see the circle/slash symbol instead of bars and a brief flash of no service on the other side. The call has disconnected at the caller side. After some moments the phone goes back to the bars and then back to sitting idle on LTE with fewer bars.

But when a different provider calls...all is good, phone rings, it can be answered. All is normal.

@dust2dust have you been able to verify call times and watch to see if your phone is showing service?  I am wondering is it just a coincidence that you are getting PM callers when it shows no service or for some strange reason a call from a PM customer the reason it is glitching to no service (not sure if that is even possible but with PM who knows)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The part about the bars jumping up is normal. It going to no service for a moment and then back to normal is the puzzling part. The caller getting nothing, too.

The phone is dual sim. The same thing happens on both. I put one of them into another phone and everything works as it should on that phone.

And again, other providers calling in work fine. So I'm not sure about antenna.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

This is a strange one.  What I was going t suggest you already eliminated by not having access to another provider SIM.  The comment of bars jumping up and  down and getting no service also sounds like a phone antenna issue but as you said could it be a weird PM glitch  Do you have another active PM SIM that could be put in that phone and see if the same thing happens?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@softech- I have/manage 3 accounts. Calling from two other phones with Public sims in them to this phone with a Public sim in it, the call goes nowhere. The call just dies into nothingness.

Call from TextNow or Fido or Shaw Mobile all works fine to the same phone with the same sim.

@dust2dust wrote:

Should I call the manufacturer for support? Will they just say factory reset? Not my favourite choice. It just feels like a Public problem.

@dust2dust Yes, you are perfectly correct, manufacturer will not take it further if  you don't Factory reset.  And even if they are willing to look at it, they will take your phone and reset it for you.  So, you phone will be reset anyway

I guess you can ask PM to re-provision the sim/account once and check from the backend again

BTW, you tried to ask more than 1, more than 5 different PM numbers to call you and they all have the same experience? The calls does not even go to VM? 

@softech- Yes it seems to be the phone. The sim works fine in another phone. ie. it takes calls from Public accounts. Not this phone. But the phone DOES take calls from other providers.That's the tricky part. Is this the phone? Or is it somehow Public via the sim? I don't have another provider sim to try in the phone. Maybe it's revenge for the C C T S complaints 🙂

Should I call the manufacturer for support? Will they just say factory reset? Not my favourite choice. It just feels like a Public problem.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

I move the sim to another phone and it receives calls fine.

@dust2dust   So, the PM sim works on another phone.?  So it is a phone issue?

problem with sim module?

Need Help? Let's chat.