cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls direct to voicemail

markmanning
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I joined Public Mobile 4 hrs ago and all of my calls go directly to my voicemail. I changed my message, but the calls still go voicemail?

7 REPLIES 7

markmanning

Thanks just got it working now

markmanning

Thanks did that right away

markmanning

Thanks just got it working 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@markmanning - ensure to restart your phone after changing provider's and entering a new SIM card into your phone.

If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

If still having issues, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@markmanning 

It sounds like porting your number from another carrier is incomplete because you didn’t reply to the text confirming you are porting over to PM with YES with the old SIM in your phone. There is a 90 minute window for you to reply or porting will be cancelled.

You will need to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process. Their hours are 6:00am to 10:00pm EST. Have your old SIM ready for them to private message you back.

You can still create a ticket through SIMon Chatbot at the bottom of the page or private message them on the envelope icon above.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@markmanning @Did you just port your number over ? Did you receive text from old provider to confirm the port that you would have 90 mins to reply YES to 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@markmanning 

did you request porting?

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card and can only make outgoing calls,  then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox.  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.