cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls are taking long time to connect and once connected the call is dropped within a minute

jay836
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have Samsung A10 e phone and lately the call take long time to connect and sometime it takes number of times to connect to a call. Once connected the phone call is dropped within a minute. This started happening since last week. Prior to that I had not problems with making calls. I need help, Is it my phone or is it the network issue. Sumsung phone did the last software update on October 25, 2021. 

I am thinking of switching to Koodo or Virgin if this not resolved.

7 REPLIES 7

jay836

Thanks for the suggestions. Public tech is helping to resolve it.

jay836

Thanks. I am dealing with Public tech staff. Hopefully they will resolve it.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@jay836 wrote:

I have Samsung A10 e phone and lately the call take long time to connect and sometime it takes number of times to connect to a call. Once connected the phone call is dropped within a minute. This started happening since last week. Prior to that I had not problems with making calls. I need help, Is it my phone or is it the network issue. Sumsung phone did the last software update on October 25, 2021. 

I am thinking of switching to Koodo or Virgin if this not resolved.

@jay836  Check these few tips:

- If you have access to another good working phone, try swapping the SIM card to see what happens. If not, at least try re-installing the card.

- Use 3G-ONLY (WCDMA).

- Do a reset network settings.

If nothing works and it's a network upgrade issue, not much you can do but wait it out.

@Tiprix   Out of all the providers, OP only picks the Bell-Tellus alliance.   🙂

Tiprix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jay836 

Please note if it is a tower issue, Koodo (Telus) or Virigin (Bell) use the same tower as Public Mobile (Telus).  So switching to these providers would not resolve the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jay836 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
Spoiler
How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and do Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@jay836 It could just due to network upgrade  (there has been many network upgrade related to 5G and causing different issues, but usually those are short term only)

please first reboot your phone, then change your network to 3G Only and try to make the call again

Need Help? Let's chat.