cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling local number, I get "Sorry your plan does not include US roaming voice"

oakhillpines
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, just like title, I am calling this one particular canadian local number, but I get this message. I was able to call just fine few weeks ago. Why am I getting message everytime I call this particular number? It starts 902.

14 REPLIES 14

dalimar333
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We just had that issue go thru the bot and send a help ticket private message 

@oakhillpines wrote:

I've found the problem. The person I was trying to call had their public mobile account suspended due to missing auto pay. So I've learned that this is the message other people get when they try to call a suspended account! Thanks everyone!

This issue isn't limited to calling numbers that have been suspended. This is a Public Mobile issue and requires a Public Mobile customer support agent to fix. Once the fix is applied, the error message immediately stops being heard.  On a side note, please avoid assigning solutions to yourself.

oakhillpines

Oh, it was my mom's and she didn't reactivate auto pay when she got back in Canada.

Interesting find. More ridiculous messaging from the company. Whatever happened to the number you are trying to reach is not in service?

People receive a "Sorry your plan does not include US roaming voice" message when trying to call a suspended account @oakhillpines 

uh, never heard of that one. Glad it wasn't an issue on your end.

oakhillpines

I've found the problem. The person I was trying to call had their public mobile account suspended due to missing auto pay. So I've learned that this is the message other people get when they try to call a suspended account! Thanks everyone!

@oakhillpines - if your Roaming was already on, did you turn it off and try to make the call then?

Is the person you are trying to call near a usa border (or in the USA)? Try manually changing the network connections in your phone under "Network Operators" to Phone Public Mobile. Does this help?

edit, to correct typo

oakhillpines

"Sorry, your call could not be completed because your plan does not include a US roaming plan addon"

oakhillpines

Didn't help unfortunately...

oakhillpines

Yes one particular number that I call often. There might be other numbers too, but I wouldn't know right? It's really strange, I am in 902 area, and I am calling a 902 number and it does this. Would it do this if the other person's cell connection is weak?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@oakhillpines is your roaming setting turned on in the settings of your device? If not, turn it on. There will not be any additional charges to do this, so no worries there.

Open Settings. Tap Cellular, or Cellular Data, or Mobile Data. Then tap Cellular Data Options and turn on Data Roaming and other settings suggested by your carrier.

or maybe,

1. Tap the Apps icon on the home screen or slide down from the top of the screen.
  2. Tap the Settings/Gear icon.
  3. Tap Connections.
  4. Tap Mobile networks. Note: If you are running Android 8 or higher, tap Roaming.
  5. Make sure Data roaming is enabled.

EDIT, also try restarting your phone (or try a network reset) ...funny how this will help with finicky things happening.

@oakhillpines just one particular number. with issue?  what error recording you got?

oakhillpines

Same error message. 

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@oakhillpines wrote:

Hi, just like title, I am calling this one particular canadian local number, but I get this message. I was able to call just fine few weeks ago. Why am I getting message everytime I call this particular number? It starts 902.

Add "1" before area code.

Need Help? Let's chat.