cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling cad number roaming in UK didn't use UK add on but my Cad long distance add on

Tman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My fiancé is in England, roaming with a Canadian number (on a different provider). When I first called her my phone asked me to get the UK long distance minutes add on. So I did. Afterwards I could call her. After talking for many times now over a month I looked at my account, and our calls were using my Canadian long distance minutes and my UK long distance minutes haven't been touched at all. Is there a way for this to be corrected? 

8 REPLIES 8

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

I wonder if the purchase of the UK add on (like a $1 manual top up payment that in most cases can no longer be achieved) reprovisioned the Sim card and fixed the issue?

@Tman 

Ask custoner support for a credit for $15/1000 UK minutes add on you shouldn't have been prompted to purchase.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

None of this sounds at all right. If you dialed a UK number then sure maybe it says something about the UK. But I don't recall hearing such a recording. I've heard the cheery lady saying the call couldn't go through. But you were calling a Canadian number. Which leads to maybe being affected by all the recent calling problems.

Tman

Great thanks. 

Hi @Tman you shouldn't need a UK add-on.  I think it was just an incorrect recording

submit a ticket with PM agent, explain the situation and ask them for a refund 

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Tman

Not an answer to my question. Not part of the promotion. 

Tman

She doesn't have a UK number. It's a Canadian number.

Why would I have had to buy A UK add on to call her Canadian number then if it's only going to use my Canadian long distance add on. Your answer suggests that I didn't have to buy the UK add on, despite not having my call go through to her without that add on.  I am on the $15 plan. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Tman if you call her Canadian number, even she is roaming, it uses Canadian Long Distance add-on if you don't have Canada wide calling or if you have $15 plan and run out of outgoing minutes

if you can her UK number, you need UK long DISTANCE addon 

and login My Account again using Incgonito/Private/secret mode to check the correct usage 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Tman 

Yes, International calling will include England and other countries. 
Is this part of the More is Merrier promo that you got for the 2gb of data and 500 minutes of International calling?

Here is the promo details:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/More-is-Merrier-with-Public-Mobile/m-p/... 

Need Help? Let's chat.