cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Mississauga a phone number having issue

tsimpson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I used to call my mom daily no issue. Since last Thursday, I am not able to call her from London Ontario.I have tested using my landline, other cell phone with different vendor and called other Toronto and Mississauga numbers, all have no issue.  The issue is only using public mobile to call her phone #, the call cannot go through.  It rang then get a busy tone, the timer keep counting until 4 sec then drop.  My mom can hear the phone rang but it is not connected.  I wonder would it relate to network tower issue due to the storm last Monday. I have asked my friend  in Mississauga who is also public mobile customer to call my mom that the call was successful.  Can someone help?  If any require the called in and calling #, please contact me directly as private message.Thanks in advance.

19 REPLIES 19

@tsimpson 

CSA are available from
- Monday to Friday: 6AM- 10PM EST
- Saturday and Sunday: 6AM- 10PM EST

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

tsimpson

We can setup a conference call then you guy can track the call routing at the same time perhaps cann find out the issue????

tsimpson

I swapped the SIM card, no successful at all.  When I used my husband sim card, I can call out to my mom no issue.  When he used my PM sim card, he has the same issue. This definite is not the hardware issue.  As I said before, the only difference is the network routing issue(tower)  between my friend calling my mom from Mississauga to Mississauga, but me is calling from London to Mississauga.  

Yes this is odd if your friend can call as a PM customer. Not a usual problem that's for sure. Can you out your sim in your friends phone and see if calling your mom works. To rule out a device issue, although if it was a device issue it would be weird that you can't get through to your mom but other calls are fine

tsimpson

There is no new activation at all.  Nothing is changed on my side or my mother side.  Why my friend (Public mobile) in Mississauga can call my mother successfully but I am in London can't..  The only difference is routing calls through your network tower.  Again, I am the only one since last Thursday can't call my mother no one else.  The last call I was able to call her was last Monday.

@tsimpson wrote:

I did submit a ticket to CS_agent but still no reply

@tsimpson response times vary. hopefully within an hour or 2. If no response after 48 hours than re-submit a ticket.

@tsimpson  - there has been weird occurrences reported before by other member, when landline providers could not receive calls from Public Mobile. Now, I don't know if these occurrences happen 'all of a sudden' or if it is since onset of new activations. 

But, I recall in those cases, inquiring with the landline provider did reveal something with the number that was trying to call them.

But again, maybe not. Just an avenue that could be explored.

tsimpson

I did submit a ticket to CS_agent but still no reply

tsimpson

I don't agree that.  If that is the case, no one can call her at all.

tsimpson

I don't think there is an issue on my mom side.  Since a lot of people calling her has no issue.  She is having a landline.  As I said before, I have my friend who is Public mobile user called her in Mississauga has no issue.

@tsimpson is your mom on Mobile phone or landline?  This sounds more like a problem on your mom side.  

@tsimpson wrote:

no issue call any phone numbwe in Mississauga, Toronto or 1800.  Only have issue on mom's phone # in Mississauga

@tsimpson  -

You could explain what is happening to a CSA agent, and see what they think.

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

edit, methods also provided by @iliketotalk and @hTideGnow above previously.

But, maybe the issue lies on your mom's end.

Whatever provider she has, landline/mobile, can they be contacted to tell them the issue that is happening? Although, if this is storm related it could be something that fixes itself on its own.

tsimpson

no issue call any phone numbwe in Mississauga, Toronto or 1800.  Only have issue on mom's phone # in Mississauga

@tsimpson wrote:

yes no issue from my cell to other number

@tsimpson  - is that to another number in Mississauga you mean?

tsimpson

yes no issue from my cell to other number

tsimpson

you can call from. landlines to your mom without problem? YES

your mom is a landline or mobile? LANDLINE

you can call from your cell to other number no problem? yes no issue

I did reboot my cell phone as well still not working

@hTideGnow wrote:

you can call from your cell to other number no problem?

To add to @hTideGnow question above can you call with your public mobile phone to another Mississauga number (whether it be cell or landline) @tsimpson ?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @tsimpson so, you can call from. landlines to your mom without problem?

your mom is a landline or mobile?

you can call from your cell to other number no problem?

Try to put your PM sim in a 2nd Phone and test it

if still with issue, open  ticket with CS agent and have them check further 

:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Request-a-Receipt-for-your-Account-Charge...

to open ticket with CS Agent:

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. start by typing : Contact CS Agent
  2. then Click "Contact Us"
  3. then Click "Other"
  4. finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
    you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@tsimpson @It is very possible it’s related to the storm as for support you need to open a ticket through Simon to speak to a customer service agent they will help you  Click here 

Need Help? Let's chat.