cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forwarding

kenholman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Currently in Arizona with cell service through a US carrier. Can I call forward all calls made to my Public Mobile a/c from here in Arizona? Any additional cost?

22 REPLIES 22

@ahbo the call forwarding will be disable once the PM sim card "sees" the US network.

So, with this setup, the PM sim card has to be left in Canada or you have to turn on Airplan mode and make sure no network connection at all

Also, please note that Conditional forwarding was broken since the introduction of VoLTE, and only Unconditional call forwarding works.   So, with the forwarding setup, check if it is able to forward to TextNow before you go.  And again, you have to either leave the PM sim in Canada or turn on Airplane mode to avoid the PM sim connects to US network, which will disable the forwarding

@ahbo- No.

Adding - but you could leave the sim in a phone at home and use a text forwarding app to forward to that Textnow. Then you can get calls and texts on TextNow.

ahbo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I call forward my PM number to a VoIP Canadian phone number (e.g. Textnow) before I leave Canada for US, but I still keep my PM SIM card in my phone and does not switch to Airplane mode so that I can still receive SMS messages, will the call forwarding to the VoIP Canadian phone number still work?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kenholman 

You have revealed a vital part of your question that was not obvious in your original post. You can not forward your pm number to a US phone number. However many customers will call forward their pm phone # to a voip provider's Canadian phone number (like textnow or fongo) and remove their pm Sim card from their phone and replace it with a local Sim card and use wifi and/or mobile data to recieve their incoming pm calls on their voip provider's app. The same can be done with text messages and a text forwarding app like MightyText but it requires the pm Sim card to be left in Canada in a working phone with a power source to ensure the phone never powers off.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1 

Aha....see now you are learning!

kenholman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It would appear I am unable to forward to a US number. Thanks for your help.

@darlicious Lol hahahahaha nope you know my quick answer to that one and I already read you don’t like chat box so I’m of no help at all there … I’m just waiting to see the responses  to it thou 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1 

I've got a good one for you that I just posted. Figure it out and the solution is all yours!

@darlicious @Both seems like a win/win to me 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1 

What is your goal? Bravos and solutions? Or helping resolve customers issues?  Your goal should be altruistic not materialistic.

HI @Handy1   yes, I notice you like to have a quick reply within a minute.  then add your 2nd and 3rd reply in 30 secs later.  You don't have to fight for the first spot, just gather your through and put them all in a single reply  🙂

@walker1 @Do we know just how long is to long , I mean should I still post to something that’s few hours old . In a attempt to get the free oracle checks then 

walker1
Mayor / Maire

If you wait too long to post a reply, you won't get your free bravos a week later, from the oracle.   lol

@hTideGnow noted , but as far a first reply when is to long to add more of the same info , I don’t add anything to something that’s over hour or two old ….let alone 8 hours later .. especially if it’s just more of the same that’s already been posted 

@Handy1 wrote:

@walker1 @To help direct them to someone who dose 

HI @Handy1   no offence, if you don't have the answer, when can't you leave it to someone who does to answer ?  

It's always good to stay on the sideline and learn if you don't have an answer.  Afterall, you don't have to be the first reply in every post

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1 

More often than not community members know more than CSA's. Customer support has access to the back end systems and our self serve accounts. Customers requiring a fix that involves those to aspects of their pm service should be directed to contact customer support. Everything else should be attempted by the community to troubleshoot by asking questions, suggested testing, elimination of factors and encouragement of the OP to openly participate in the discussion to reveal enough info to determine the problem and work towards a resolution. Your goal should be to not have the customer contact customer support.

Keep in mind customer support agents do not use public mobile services or the telus network so with the exception of the tech department for the most part their technical expertise is limited to a troubleshooting handbook.

@kenholman 

How long are you in Arizona for?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Yes, it's always QUICK and seems right to direct all questions to agent.  

I guess the purpose of this Community is to avoid passing the buck to agent.  It usually take long for agent to reply.  Some question can be answer quickly without agent's involvement.  

@walker1 @To help direct them to someone who dose 

@Handy1- Agents are NOT the answer to everything. And then otherwise why would be here?

@kenholman- As mentioned...no. Nor can you call forward to a US #.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1 

No offense, but why would someone reply if they don't know the answer?  

It's not cool, to keep passing the buck to a CSA.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@kenholman 

You can only do that if you're sim card is still in a phone that is still in Canada.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@kenholman @I don’t know the exact answer to that but I’m sure a agent can inform you 

Getting help from agent , through automation

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.      

Or  get direct help from a agent right here in the community ( my preferred choice )

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

Need Help? Let's chat.