cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Forwarding to a 1-888 number

Dfairbairn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For the last 3 years I have been successfully forwarding my phone to my office number. I have a virtual office in the US and we have a 1-888 number. When I am busy working I forward my phone to this 1-888 number and it has always worked fine.

On Thursday, this suddenly stopped working. I tried forwarding to a local number, with no problem. However, it doesn’t work anymore with *any* 1-800 or 1-888 numbers (I tried forwarding to 1-800-GOT-JUNK and didn’t work).

Why did it suddenly change? How do I fix this?

5 REPLIES 5

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @CountyDownIeUk   depends, 1-800/1-888 can be setup as US only, Canada only or US and Canada.   I think the charge is different and hence companies will only setup according to their needs

Right....point being.....if some mysterious switches were switched.....would OP need USA addon? Likely not. 🥴 I-am overthinking it all. 

Dfairbairn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, yeah it’s strange I can call the number I just can’t forward to it. And I’ve been forwarding my calls to the number for the past three years without a problem. The number hasn’t changed.

HI @CountyDownIeUk   depends, 1-800/1-888 can be setup as US only, Canada only or US and Canada.   I think the charge is different and hence companies will only setup according to their needs

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Dumb question. Is the 1-888 number accessible from Canada or USA only? 888 numbers Canberra set up by zones.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Dfairbairn 

can you call to that 1-888 with your Public mobile phone without problem?

some 1-888 number is US only.  

But you said even 1-800-got-junk failed?

Maybe open ticket with Pm CS agent and see what they say

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.