cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS agent_incoming call forwarded to voice mail automatically without ringing

samanarahman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello 

I am new user of public mobile. I don’t receive any incoming call and phone does not ring at all rather all incoming call is forwarded to the voicemail directly. Please help me to solve it. My hand set is iPhone12.

Thanks 

samanarahman

24 REPLIES 24

@samanarahman wrote:

what is number of porting department in public mobile?

@samanarahman 

in here link has the phone number,  Solved: Re: CS agent_incoming call forwarded to voice mail... - Community (publicmobile.ca)

@samanarahman wrote:

@samanarahman   i guess you checked Community inbox and got the number already?  did you call?  everything is working now?

@samanarahman wrote:

Telus owns Koodo and Public Mobile, so there is just he one porting phone number that covers ports for these 3 companies @samanarahman 

@samanarahman wrote:

I re-activated my old SIM from previous service provider. Now how to send porting request  again from Public mobile account ?

You have to get public mobile to restart the process so your old provider receives the request to port, either by calling that Telus porting phone number that should be in your inbox, or submit a ticket through public mobile customer support; link found at bottom of this post:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/CS-agent-incoming-call-forwarded-to-voice...

samanarahman

@samanarahman you old sim on the old provider is working and able to receive calls and text?

Chexk your Community inbox, I sent you a number to call.   That is porting department with live support, and they can retrigger the porting process.

@samanarahman wrote:

I re-activated my old SIM from previous service provider. Now how to send porting request  again from Public mobile account ?

@samanarahman 

you get the # from port department, give them a call to completed for you.

samanarahman

@samanarahman 

do you have other device can be tried your SIM card on it,

just give a call to port department to check your number status is completed or not,, to you know what you do next.

@samanarahman wrote:

I replaced old SIM card with public mobile SIM then activated it.  two days later I called old service provider to cancel my account. 

Hi @samanarahman   the porting process definitely not completed.  If it was completed, the account would have been closed by the process and you don't have to call to close

Maybe call your old carrier back and ask if you can reactivate back with the same number.  Once you got the number back, you can request the porting again

Yup. That's a problem. Can you call them back and "beg" for your account back and pay them another month?

How stuck on your old number were you? If it was just a whatever number then whatever carry on.

samanarahman

I replaced old SIM card with public mobile SIM then activated it.  two days later I called old service provider to cancel my account. 

@dust2dust wrote:

I don't think the porting department will do anything here. The customer jumped the gun.

Yes, that is just to confirm the porting was not completed.  

But look like OP's message after confirmed that 

@samanarahman  you need to see if you can reactivate the account so you can port the number out. Some carrier might be able to help (let's hope for the best)

However, if they refuse to help, then you will have to pick a new number.  You will have to go to My Account and click Change Phone number and pick a new one you like

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I don't think the porting department will do anything here. The customer jumped the gun.

Adding - @samanarahman - But did you answer it? Did you cancel the old account before answering it? I think you'll need to go back to that provider and try to reactivate the account.

Adding - added above before the next reply

samanarahman

I replaced SIM before I receive text from old service provider. 

@samanarahman wrote:

I already transferred line and canceled previous service. I can call out . Text message both  in and  out works well. Only no incoming calls and phone is not ringing. Sorry, it is even not forwarded to voicemail as well.

@samanarahman   if you have manually cancelled your old service, very likely the porting was not completed.  I will message you phone number for PM porting team, call them and ask them if the porting was completed.  If porting was not completed but your old account was cancelled, you might be in some trouble for getting the number back.  You might have to work with your old provider instead for a solution

Check your Community inbox for the phone number I send

@samanarahman wrote:

I already transferred line and canceled previous service. I can call out . Text message both  in and  out works well. Only no incoming calls and phone is not ringing. Sorry, it is even not forwarded to voicemail as well.

@samanarahman - the porting process cancels your previous provider's service/account automatically. You should not need to cancel with the old provider, unless you have some bundle services with them that you need to arrange other offers/bundles.

I wonder if you cancelled the previous provider's services before the port completed. This would mean you will not be able to complete the port with the old number.

What did you port over, landline, cell...and how long ago?

If you did cancel the old services before the port was complete, can you reinstate the account?

edit,

If this is what happened, and you can reactivate the old account, then you can submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) to restart the porting process here for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

@samanarahman wrote:

@samanarahman 

maybe your Transfer not completed yet review this poster   Solved:Transfer from previous provider not completed - (publicmobile.ca)

they first post by @dust2dust  

samanarahman

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @samanarahman   did you request to transfer your number?  did you got a text from your old carrier and you replied YES?  If you request porting abut didn't get the text, it is a stuck port

But if you get a new number instead of porting, then you can try to reseat your sim card once.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@samanarahman  - if you ported a number over to public mobile a cell port can take 2-3 hours to complete. A landline/voip can take 3+ days to complete.

Incoming calls are normally the last to complete. When incoming calls come to the cell phone that is a good indication the port is complete.

If you did not port over a number, check if your phone is on do not disturb (DND) in the settings of your device.

Or, do you have a setting in your calling app to only accept calls from people on your contact list, perhaps adjust this if so.

Is any call fowarding turned on? https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/call-forwarding

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@samanarahman   Since you are new to PM , did you request porting when you activate?  are you sure your porting request was completed?  Any choice the voicemail people go tis the voicemail from the old provider instead of PM's?

if porting is not completed for any reason, you won't be getting incoming calls

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you try to transfer your number from another provider? If so did you leave your old sim in and confirm the transfer? Was your old service still active before you tried?

Can you call out? Text both directions? Use cellular data not wifi?

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@samanarahman 

reset network and set your network to 3G and rebooting device..

Edit: How to Reset Network Settings in iPhone 12  and  How To Switch between 3G/4G

Need Help? Let's chat.