cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPO Phone - Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Did anybody in the community manage to snag one of these for $199?  Is this a teaser ad or what?  Everything else is overpriced and this is the only one that is worth getting but there is no stock.

19 REPLIES 19

ForestAM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ah! I neglected to update on the situation. Messaging a CS Agent resolved pretty much everything on the shipping front. Turns out they did ship my order way back on the 26th and it had been sitting in the UPS access point for a while, but with no notice (apparently my phone number was not placed in the order info so UPS couldn't contact me). I got my tracking number from the agent and called UPS to find that luckily they were going to send it for return yesterday, but they didn't. Due to the holiday I will have to wait till Tuesday to pick it up, but they told me it'll be held till then.

So all that's left is to pick it up on Tuesday and try it out!

@ForestAM   Since the SIM card was free anyway, you could have just kept it as a spare if you ever needed to replace yours (lost phone or SIM got damaged) or as a referral for a family or friend.

@ForestAM wrote:

Also, quick question: Would not including a SIM in the order affect anything? I already have my SIM so it seemed silly to get another one, even if it's free, but does that muck with order processing somehow?

That wouldn't matter. If there's you've removed the bonus SIM card from the order, the phone would ship without one. Someone in the shipping departments wouldn't likely think about there not being a SIM card in the order details and would process the order as instructed.  The fulfillment househouse likely isn't specifc to only Public Mobile, so no Public Mobile SIM card on the order probably wouldn't even appear to be unusual.

ForestAM

Also, quick question: Would not including a SIM in the order affect anything? I already have my SIM so it seemed silly to get another one, even if it's free, but does that muck with order processing somehow?

ForestAM

I just have the initial order confirmation email and then radio silence for the next two weeks so I'm trying to hit up a CS Agent by PM to see if I can get any information from them.

@dabr wrote:

@computergeek541    I can only go by what happened after I ordered a CPO last year.  There was an immediate confirmation email and then a subsequent email once the phone was shipped which opened up a shipping progress page. 

There is supposed to be an e-mail message sent to the customer about shipment, and I also agree with your about the order status link which takes you to an order details page that shows a tracking number (sim cards are sometimes sent as letter), but this e-mail messages doesn't always get sent to the customer.  The system somehow just forgets for reasons unkonwn to me.

@computergeek541    I can only go by what happened after I ordered a CPO last year.  There was an immediate confirmation email and then a subsequent email once the phone was shipped which opened up a shipping progress page. 

@ForestAM    Yes, it's possible that the phone hasn't been shipped yet, although it should have been by now.  You do see the price being paid/charged was $199+tax on the first email though?  Make sure to print that off and you would now need to contact customer support to see why you haven't received the shipping email.

Here's a link to chatbot to submit a ticket to customer support:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

@dabr wrote:

@ForestAM    Did you not get an email (after placing the order) confirming your purchase which should show the price of the phone you purchased plus tax? 

Then another email is sent once the phone was shipped and usually an option to view your order which almost acts like a tracking page to view the progress of delivery.

Unfotutnately, Public Mobile often does not sent out a shipping notification e-mail message.  This means that the customer is left constantly needing to check the property for packages.  Public Mobile, also doesn't always check off the signature option so this means that the carrier sometimes just leaves the package out in plain view.

ForestAM

I got the first email confirming the purchase and providing an order number, but I do not appear to have received the second email you mentioned. Perhaps it was never shipped, then?

@ForestAM    Did you not get an email (after placing the order) confirming your purchase which should show the price of the phone you purchased plus tax? 

Then another email is sent once the phone was shipped and usually an option to view your order which almost acts like a tracking page to view the progress of delivery.

ForestAM

Hey, this thread relates to the problem I'm having! I put in an order for this phone at that initial price on the 23rd of September and it seems to have not arrived after two business weeks. Moreover, since there's no available tracking options, I can't know where this phone is or whether they even sent one out in the first place, considering the price change.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yeah just noticed that too - all of a sudden in stock and available but double the price (399 for like new is actually not a bad deal) but 199 would have been unbelievable. I am hoping that Feb/March will drive down the price significantly once the S23 is released but that doesn't happen as much as it used to.

Maybe someone lucked out and was able to buy it for $199, because now it's available for $399.  Perhaps someone put in the wrong price originally?

@esjliv wrote:

I noticed that yesterday @will13am , but it was out of stock when I saw it. Something seems off, or a very Hot Deal indeed.

Let's hope this is an indication of things to come.  Maybe these hot sales need to be tied to an account.  But then that would damage the no strings attached nature of this service.  Oh well, I am good with saving $$ on the service and reinvesting it into buying hardware on my own.  

@LeePublic wrote:

Seems like the RFD effect has the S20 FE out of stock almost immediately. Lol, JK. That deal is the hottest deal I've seen so far on the S20 FE hands down. Even Costco is selling them on "clearance" for $500.

It's possible, says possible possum.  🤔

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

I noticed that yesterday @will13am , but it was out of stock when I saw it. Something seems off, or a very Hot Deal indeed.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Seems like the RFD effect has the S20 FE out of stock almost immediately. Lol, JK. That deal is the hottest deal I've seen so far on the S20 FE hands down. Even Costco is selling them on "clearance" for $500.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Oh wow - that is a really good deal - and it looks like it is rated like new - almost too good to be true quite frankly. I was actually looking at this phone and was thinking of waiting until early next year when I was hoping the S23 would push the price down but that would be hard to beat

Need Help? Let's chat.