cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN'T SEND OR RECEIVE TEXT FROM ANYONE THAT ISN'T AN IPHONE USER

Missdebrakay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, please help me. This new billing cycle (nothing changed with my package) I am no longer able to send or receive images from anyone cell phone other than an i phone. Help?

13 REPLIES 13

@Missdebrakay Trade SIMs with your husband and see if the issue follows the SIM or the phone. Be sure to reboot each phone after changing the SIMs. 

"Send as SMS" must be enabled to send/receive messages with non-iphones.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Missdebrakay  iMessage works with WiFi so if you can't send an MMS to a non iPhone user either your data is off or your account is suspended. Did you dial 611 from your phone to verify that your account is active?

Puddy905

Go to settings 

scroll down to messages

make sure iMessage is turned on and you are signed in. 
scroll down and make sure send as sms is turned on. 
just below that, make sure mms messaging is turned on. 

@Missdebrakay wrote:

Hi, all of these are enabled. I have never had a problem before and now I can't send my husband any pics of our kids. I can't figure out what to do.

@Missdebrakay   If all the other suggestions haven't produced any results, then perhaps try the lost/stolen trick.  Log into your account and select plans/add-ons tab, then lost/stolen, then suspend service, log out and after a few mins log back in and resume service and reboot your phone.

@Missdebrakay 

1. Open the Settings app and navigate to

Messages.

2. Turn the iMessage switch off.

3. Power down the iPhone and wait at least 5-10 minutes.

4. Power on then iPhone and and re-enable iMessage by going to Settings > Messages and turning the iMessage switch to the on position. This should re-activate Message.

@Missdebrakay is data enabled? Has to be on to send an mms text message. 

Turn Cellular Data On / Off
  1. From a Home screen, navigate: Settings. > Cellular.
  2. Tap the Cellular Data switch to turn on or off .

Stay safe. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Missdebrakay wrote:

Hi, all of these are enabled. I have never had a problem before and now I can't send my husband any pics of our kids. I can't figure out what to do.

Is data on your phone working?

If not, check your data usage line on your overview page after login to determine whether you have used all your data for the current cycle.

I have a $40 5GB plan.  I have used 262MB out of my 5GB data. 

If you do not have a data usage line showing on your self-server account, you had used all your data for the current cycle.

• Data & Add-OnsAmount Used

5GB at 3G Speed
    262.064  /  5120 MB

Missdebrakay

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Missdebrakay 

If you have iMessage enable on your iPhone, your Android phone will not be able to get your messages because iMessage uses its own protocol.  Enable SMS/MMS setting on the iMessage settings.

Under iPhone Messages settings:
iMessage = enabled

SMS/MMS
MMS Messaging = enabled
Group Messaging = enabled
All other Messages settings are disabled

How do you know what message type you are sending or receiving on iPhone?
Messages with green bubbles are normal SMS/MMS text messages.
Message with blue bubbles are sent via the iMessage

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-enable-mms-on-iphone

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Missdebrakay in the worse case if nothing helped, contact mods and ask them to restart your account from their end.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Missdebrakay wrote:

Hi, please help me. This new billing cycle (nothing changed with my package) I am no longer able to send or receive images from anyone cell phone other than an i phone. Help?

@Missdebrakay  Make sure that SMS and MMS are enabled within your iMessage settings. Also check your account status by dialing 611 from your device. If you account is suspended then your Auto-Pay plan renewal failed. If that's the case try making a manual payment to reactivate your account or submit a ticket to PM for help.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Missdebrakay  make sure that sms and mms are selected on your phone. If they are, try resetting your network settings and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so.  Stay safe. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Missdebrakay wrote:

@Missdebrakay   Did your payment go through this cycle? 

First you can try rebooting your phone to see if that will help.

Need Help? Let's chat.