cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bravo to Oracles?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

To my understanding Oracles got paid $20/month no matter what they do (or do not).

Some are collecting pretty impressive number of Bravos but these Bravos (and Solutions) have no influence on their pay out or am I wrong?

No matter Bravos to Oracles, they are amazing source of knowledge one can only learn from their posts. I see Bravo to Oracles as 'thank you' for sharing and providing clarifications.

9 REPLIES 9

ha-ha.jpg

that's called dedication

@WoozyPolarBear Oracles aren't employees of Telus and it isn't an actual wage

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Yummy wrote:

To my understanding Oracles got paid $20/month no matter what they do (or do not).

Ummm, isn't this a gross violation of Canadian Minimum wage laws?

for the overall contribution they offer inside and outside the community the reward is very low... having the motivation for 5+ years to keep coming in day in and day out is tough... having that much patience is admirable.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Active Oracles always earn a flat $20 community reward regardless of how many bravos and solution they do (or do not) receive.

But I think their special tier is not counted in the formula. So any bravos and solutions given to them are simply not part of the data used to calculate/allocate Top% rewards for the rest of the community.

There's only half a dozen Oracles, anyhow. Not a significant skew even if they each "steal" hundreds of bravos from other members of the community. And bravos are essentially free, essentially unlimited (aside from the maximum of 20 per minute the forum allows each user to allocate).

Although I do suspect bravos are a measure of "popularity" which is weighted into search results. Which is okay, Oracles should still get recognition for any helpful, useful, accurate information they provide the community.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy wrote:

Some are collecting pretty impressive number of Bravos but these Bravos (and Solutions) have no influence on their pay out or am I wrong?

No matter Bravos to Oracles, they are amazing source of knowledge one can only learn from their posts. I see Bravo to Oracles as 'thank you' for sharing and providing clarifications.

Yes - That is my understand as well @Yummy , at least, that is what is officially posted by Public Mobile.

Meaning Oracles get $20 regardless of the number of Bravos / Solutions / Posts each month.

To me, it doesn't matter much if they are showing in high quantities of bravos/solutions. You can tell by their posts that Oracles were given this level due to the knowledgeable they have and can provide, which can keep us afloat.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy 

One of the reasons they have become oracles us because of that impressive amount of bravos And solutions. More impressive is their ratio posts: bravos: solutions. There in you can see the effectiveness of their help within the community. And everyone appreciates a pat on the back for a job well done which bravos and solutions provide.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

That's right @Yummy 

The Oracles have earned the right to a $20/month reward.  They do have roles and responsibilities within the Community to keep it a well-oiled machine.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes I think most of the Oracles need to do lots of other (non-Bravo generating) work, so hats off to them indeed!

Need Help? Let's chat.