cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Friday Sale, $5 off $35 plans. Promo still not applying

davewpg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am hoping someone can help me out.  I registered my email during the black Friday sale and then activated my account by porting over my phone number from Rogers at the beginning of December.  I have now received my January bill and there is still no indication of the $5 credit per month if you are on a $35 or higher plan.  I currently have the $35, 2GB plan (with bonus for auto pay).  I also signed up my significant mother in law and have an additional $1 off per month.  My bill is showing $32 owing, but with the discount it should be $27.  Any idea what gives???

Could the fact that I joined public mobile with a someone else's referral code be screwing this up?

Thank you community

11 REPLIES 11

davewpg

I just wanted to let everyone know that the moderators were able to fix my problem.  The credits had not been applied to my account, but they will be for my next bill. 

Thank you everyone for your help!

@davewpg 

Your promotion should appear in your account and your payment history as follows.......with a $5 discount instead of $10 of course.....

Note the counter yours should appear once corrected as 2/6Note the counter yours should appear once corrected as 2/6Note: RBC promo $10 offNote: RBC promo $10 off

davewpg

So here is the screenshot of my history with Public Mobile.  You are correct that the $10 is the referral bonus, not the $5 per month credit that should be applied. 

I will take the advice and use the SIMon Bot to register the problem.  I will keep everyone posted on the results.

davewpg

PublicMobile.png

Wouldn’t this $5 credit for 6 months likely be applied to the account directly into the “available funds” spot? That is where all monthly credits move up to just as renewal is about to happen. But one offs like this don't have a spot to land at much like the $10 referral credit doesn’t have its own spot. So it goes straight to the available funds total. Thus many people miss noticing it.

AE_Collector

@davewpg wrote:

Thank you so much for all of the replies.  So I followed the advice and checked my credit card statement, it appears that the $5 per month credit has been applied after all. I was searching for a $5 discount on my bill, and instead I have a $10 discount for this month (December and January bill I assume), so I completely missed it. 

Thank you and so far so good with public mobile.  I must admit I was a bit worried about dropping down to 3G speeds, but it hasn't been an issue what so ever!

Did you use a referral code? If so, that would be your $10 discount applied to your January renewal.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@davewpg wrote:

Thank you so much for all of the replies.  So I followed the advice and checked my credit card statement, it appears that the $5 per month credit has been applied after all. I was searching for a $5 discount on my bill, and instead I have a $10 discount for this month (December and January bill I assume), so I completely missed it. 

Thank you and so far so good with public mobile.  I must admit I was a bit worried about dropping down to 3G speeds, but it hasn't been an issue what so ever!

Well now I would be curious to see your Payment history here (not payment card). If you're willing, post a screen snip of your couple pages of Payment history. Blank out personal info of course.

davewpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@davewpg : So you submitted an email address between Nov 23 and before Dec 5. Then you activated online using the same email address before Dec 19.

What was charged to your payment card if used?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire
  1. The first credit will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans within 30 days of activating, credits 2-6 will be applied before each renewal date.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @davewpg ,

The referral code has no impact on any promos, so all good there! 🙂

According to the promo: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Black-Friday-Sale-Get-5-off-for-6-month...

credits on renewals 2-6 will be credited.

You are saying this did not happen?

If all other terms and conditions were followed when you signed up contact the moderators.

You can private message them using this link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Or put in a ticket through SIMon Bot (usually faster method to get in contact with the Public Mobile Moderators) by clicking on the bottom, right chat bubble.

Need Help? Let's chat.